• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Freightliner Various Trainee Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Happer'sComet

Does anyone have a HR contact number or email address for Freightliner? I had a voicemail from someone at HR last week to contact them about my Shunt Driver application and when I call the (mobile) number nobody answers. Bizarre...

Cheers.

Stigy

Established Member
I’m on the November course for Reading depot, starting the 29th November. I found out today the training is in westbury, Somerset. About 2 and a half hours from my home!
Westbury is in Wiltshire, but it’s nearly Somerset so that’s just me being pedantic I guess :D

Is training at Westbury yard itself? Doesn’t seem there’s many places it could be held really there?

Jordan ruck

Westbury is in Wiltshire, but it’s nearly Somerset so that’s just me being pedantic I guess :D

Is training at Westbury yard itself? Doesn’t seem there’s many places it could be held really there?
For the first 3 months for classroom training so I am told, then after that in your chosen depot.

Nice hotel, car, food. Lovely stuff
By car do you mean they send somebody to pick you up?

Jamiey100

I’m on the November course for Reading depot, starting the 29th November. I found out today the training is in westbury, Somerset. About 2 and a half hours from my home!
Thanks for the heads up mate. How did you hear out of interest? Just wondering if I’ve missed any post or anything.

cossie4i

Training is done at the cement works

PickleTree

For the first 3 months for classroom training so I am told, then after that in your chosen depot.

By car do you mean they send somebody to pick you up?
I started with FL this week, our training is in Birmingham and only 3 of the group of 12 are for the Birmingham depot they are trying to get the training done where they can. Can’t speak highly enough of our experiences so far.

As @Stigy mentioned, they provide a hire car which is delivered to your house along with a fuel card etc which you are provided on day one. Hotel accommodation also provided with evening meal allowance etc. Like I say from the people we have met and experiences so far I can’t speak highly enough.

Bristol VRIII

Hey guys I’ve been in the talent pool since early 2018 and to say it’s been a bit of a roller coaster ride is abit of an understatement lol but I’m pleased to say that I’ll be joining the course starting on 29th November and look forward to meeting you all, does anybody know what kind of routes HH drivers sign out of Bedford Depor out of interest?

Jonathan110

Hey guys I’ve been in the talent pool since early 2018 and to say it’s been a bit of a roller coaster ride is abit of an understatement lol but I’m pleased to say that I’ll be joining the course starting on 29th November and look forward to meeting you all, does anybody know what kind of routes HH drivers sign out of Bedford Depor out of interest?

Congratulations finally getting through!

FrankOwen

Theale, Dagenham, Bow, Radlett, Elstow Luton. Relieving Peak District drivers at Bedford.

TheAnswer89

Does anyone have any info about Bristol depot? What's overall depot like? Rosters? Earliest starts latest finishes etc? How does rota look like?

TonyG83

See you on the 29th then bud.
Hi buddy. I was scheduled for a manager interview in Earles Siddings on 9th November for a job at Tunstead. It got moved to Crewe at last minute. I still attended and passed the manager interview. Apparantly for a course to start early next year.

Do you know what is next step after this interview please? How long do you wait for the next step?

Hi buddy. I was scheduled for a manager interview in Earles Siddings on 9th November for a job at Tunstead. It got moved to Crewe at last minute. I still attended and passed the manager interview. Apparantly for a course to start early next year.

Do you know what is next step after this interview please? How long do you wait for the next step?
Hi Mate,
So the process has changed since I did it I believe, I did my opc stuff before manager interview, if you haven’t done the opc stuff yet you’ll likely have to travel to Watford and attend a day or two doing psychometric tests.

After that regarding the wait it really is how longs a piece of string unfortunately, I was lucky to be only waiting a year after interview but people have waited 4/5 years before getting the call. All about being patient bud.

TonyG83

Hi Mate,
So the process has changed since I did it I believe, I did my opc stuff before manager interview, if you haven’t done the opc stuff yet you’ll likely have to travel to Watford and attend a day or two doing psychometric tests.

After that regarding the wait it really is how longs a piece of string unfortunately, I was lucky to be only waiting a year after interview but people have waited 4/5 years before getting the call. All about being patient bud.
Cheers buddy

I did my OPC tests back in Dec 2019 and Jan 2020. Got contacted at end of Oct this year about a manager interview and that seemed to progress at 100mph then boom its stopped again. They did say it was for a potential course early next year so i guess it is sit tight and wait it out.

I have been lucky on wait time upto yet then especially with COVID in the mix.

Thanks again and hope all is going well on your course

Cheers buddy

I did my OPC tests back in Dec 2019 and Jan 2020. Got contacted at end of Oct this year about a manager interview and that seemed to progress at 100mph then boom its stopped again. They did say it was for a potential course early next year so i guess it is sit tight and wait it out.

I have been lucky on wait time upto yet then especially with COVID in the mix.

Thanks again and hope all is going well on your course
Yeah hang tight bud, it’s a long wait but worth it if it pays off.
The worst bit for me was the daily checking of emails

Cheers mate, early days on the course but settled in well.

Branston

Hi All,
Been a while since I have been on here tbh so have been playing catch up.
Well done to all those who have been offered jobs in the mean time!

Has anybody else received a call from HR about roles? I got a call last week asking me to interview tomorrow.
Passes all the tests & DMI back in 2018 so she said they want to have another interview with me as has been some time since the last one!!
Time to get my head back into DMI mode

Status
Not open for further replies.