• Dear Guest, and welcome to RailUK Forums. Our non-railway discussion forums are currently restricted until members have five or more posts, and you will not be able to make a new thread or reply to an existing one in this section until you have made five or more posts elsewhere on the forum.

GB News

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I tuned in this morning to see sitting Conservative MP Esther McVey co-presenting Saturday Morning. Of course Esther has already had a media career before becoming an MP as she used to host GMTV on Channel 3.

Not sure if she is going to become a regular presenter or not, but if she is it would be the second sitting Conservative MP to become such, as Dehenna Davidson already hosts a show on Sunday mornings with Farage.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Typhoon

Established Member
I tuned in this morning to see sitting Conservative MP Esther McVey co-presenting Saturday Morning. Of course Esther has already had a media career before becoming an MP as she used to host GMTV on Channel 3.

Not sure if she is going to become a regular presenter or not, but if she is it would be the second sitting Conservative MP to become such, as Dehenna Davidson already hosts a show on Sunday mornings with Farage.
Thanks for the heads-up. I do not want to listen to Esther McVey first thing on any morning, she is someone who is only too keen to tell you what she thinks butd has an overinflated view of her abilities; I am interested in what the guests think and I expect presenters to give them a chance to expand their views, it is the guests I am interested in, not the presenters, which is what the likes of Simon McCoy do well. Unfortunately, I guess she is on because she is controversial and loud. No thanks!

jfollows

Established Member
Thanks for the heads-up. I do not want to listen to Esther McVey first thing on any morning, she is someone who is only too keen to tell you what she thinks butd has an overinflated view of her abilities; I am interested in what the guests think and I expect presenters to give them a chance to expand their views, it is the guests I am interested in, not the presenters, which is what the likes of Simon McCoy do well. Unfortunately, I guess she is on because she is controversial and loud. No thanks!
Yes, indeed, I don't want to listen to Esther McVey any time, actually, sadly she's my MP.

Typhoon

Established Member
Yes, indeed, I don't want to listen to Esther McVey any time, actually, sadly she's my MP.
Hamilton, Osbourne, McVey - what have you done to deserve that? Only four years of the Man in the White Suit in between - he's the sort of person GB News needs, someone who has standards but merges into the background while letting the story take centre stage.