• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GEML - Track problems Up Main between Maryland and Stratford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

MP33

I cannot answer the question. However this morning my 8 coach train stopped 50 yards short of the buffers in Platform 14 at Liverpool Street. Last night a 12 coach service that usually leaves from Platform 14 had an announcement for passengers to await a Platform alteration.

colchesterken

I have been on Norwich trains which took the loop at Ilford down the side of the flyover and onto the slow lines and back at Bow Junction
Usually see a freight causing problems pulling out or onto the North London line at Stratford

dk1

Veteran Member
Yeah more often than not during the middle of the day it's for patrolling.

TitanMike

Some kind of track fault in platform 14 at LST preventing 12 coach ttains using it and now a landlsip between Billericay and Wickford!

codesam

On the Platform 14 thing, was on the 18:41 Liverpool St -> Southminster and they've put up a stop sign about 2 carriages of a 321 (technical measurement) along the platform where the train had stopped and chained something that looks like a sleeper on the track just after it. I couldn't see anything obviously wrong with the track (other than the toilet paper and the... um various things that come along with that)

IMG_6548.JPG IMG_6549.JPG

apinnard

Ilford flyover is patrolled on foot regularly. When this happens its usually done under Green Zone rules, you'll see GZAC in the signal berths between Stratford and just north of Ilford.

Alfie1014

Normal for a Monday morning up main blocked for patrolling, I catch the 10:05 ex Clacton regularly and on a Monday it’s always diverted to the Up Electric at Ilford. I believe it’s because there are fewer liners from Felixstowe on A Monday morning so the passenger services can continue with a minimal delay.

Western Sunset

Established Member
Thanks guys for all the replies. There were some trackworkers wandering around, tightening bolts etc, so patrolling is probably the answer.

Also I didn't see any up freights (as mentioned in the above post), though I did catch the x4 86s on a down Freightliner which is regular for a Monday.

Status
Not open for further replies.