• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

General Knowledge Quiz

Jona26

For the capital I am going for Asunción being the capital of Paraguay and the connection between the 3 being the Virgin Mary

Edited: I have absolutely no idea if this has anything to do with Exeter

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

I will allow that even though it is not what I had in mind. Asuncion's full name being Nuestra Senora Santa Maria de la Asuncion.

My solution was Walsingham, Santiago, Jerusalem. All three answers shared part or all their name with a major pilgrimage destination (the Santiago being Santiago de Compostella in Spain). Well done, Jona. Your floor.

Jona26

Thank you. I did get the 1st two answers once the clues had been given and now get the Exeter reference!

So for my question...There are at least three songs that make reference to Soho Square in London but only one of the performers has a bench dedicated to them in the square - who is the performer named on the bench?

SteveM70

Established Member
Thank you. I did get the 1st two answers once the clues had been given and now get the Exeter reference!

So for my question...There are at least three songs that make reference to Soho Square in London but only one of the performers has a bench dedicated to them in the square - who is the performer named on the bench?

That’s Kirsty MacColl I think

Jona26

That’s Kirsty MacColl I think

It is indeed Kirsty MacColl, who wrote the song "Soho Square" for her album Titanic Days.

After her tragic death in 2000, fans bought the bench in her memory.

A plaque includes the lyrics: "One day I'll be waiting there / No empty bench in Soho Square".

@SteveM70 - the microphone is all yours.

SteveM70

Established Member
Automatic relegation from the football league and promotion from the football conference were introduced for the end of the 1986/87 season. Who were the first victims/beneficiaries?

I was about to say Lincoln City were relegated - Scarborough promoted when I saw martinsh had got there 1st!

Who is the current longest serving football manager in the English football league ?

Last edited:

SteveM70

Established Member
Longest serving as a league manager, or longest serving manager of a current league club?

SteveM70

Established Member
The title character of which novel has “a wrecked voice”, and speaks IN CAPITAL LETTERS?

SteveM70

Established Member
No.

A clue or two - the author is American, and won an Oscar in 1999 for best adapted screenplay (for one of his other novels)

Calthrop

Established Member
Likely an idiotic question, since you say "the author is "; but, is he still alive?