• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

General Knowledge Quiz

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

MotCO

Established Member
Sorry but both are wrong and its Channel 5 we are looking for please, you are right with Spice Girls but someone got there
before you I'm afraid.

I knew it was C5, but my fingers said C4!

Final guesses:
C5 1994
Newsround 1969

martinsh

Established Member
Sorry about the delay

Which English river is formed by the confluence of two other rivers. It then continues for a significant length, until at the confluence with another river it receives yet another different name ? Name the main river, bonus points for the other four.

MotCO

Established Member
My geography may be a bit out, but does the Ouse run into the Humber?

Mcr Warrior

Veteran Member
Could be. Think the River Swale and River Ure join up near Boroughbridge in North Yorkshire to form the River Ouse which then flows through York and Selby. Then joins with the River Trent near Goole to form the River Humber which discharges into the North Sea.

martinsh

Established Member
My geography may be a bit out, but does the Ouse run into the Humber?

Could be. Think the River Swale and River Ure join up near Boroughbridge in North Yorkshire to form the River Ouse which then flows through York and Selby. Then joins with the River Trent near Goole to form the River Humber which discharges into the North Sea.

With the Ouse having neither a source nor a mouth.
You are all correct !

Ure + Swale = Ouse
Ouse + Trent = Humber

Since I only asked for the main name, I declare @MotCO the winner.

MotCO

Established Member
Thank you.

If America is blue, Australia is blue, and France is orange/brown, what colour is England?

Calthrop

Established Member
I'm going to guess that passports are concerned here; with "England" being used shorthand-wise, for the UK. Thus: dark blue (newly introduced) or (as when in the EU), dark red / crimson.

Would England be Grey by any chance, I think this is an electrical wiring question about the LIVE wire in particular ?

MotCO

Established Member
I'm going to guess that passports are concerned here; with "England" being used shorthand-wise, for the UK. Thus: dark blue (newly introduced) or (as when in the EU), dark red / crimson.
Sorry, not correct

Would England be Grey by any chance, I think this is an electrical wiring question about the LIVE wire in particular ?

Nor is this.

America = USA?

Yes, I do mean USA.

Conversely, I do mean England.

Calthrop

Established Member
My interest in / knowledge of sport, is zero; but -- anything about national teams' colours?