• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

General Knowledge Quiz

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

MotCO

Established Member
What links Oliver, Glover, Tagg, D'Oyly Carte, Friday and Monkey (amongst others)?

AndyPJG

Thank You, knew Tagg and Monkey islands as local to me.

Open Floor, as no decent question to hand.

SteveM70

Established Member
I can’t think of anyone married more than Mary Queen of Scots, who married three times I think, to Francis II, Darnley and Bothwell. She was buried in Peterborough but is now in Westminster Abbey.

Calthrop

Established Member
Wildest of guesses: Eleanor of Aquitaine, Henry II's consort? Married three times? -- I know that before Henry she was with Louis of France, who was a dead loss as a spouse. Last resting place -- not the faintest idea, so I'll try -- again -- Westminster Abbey.

perryman

Wildest of guesses: Eleanor of Aquitaine, Henry II's consort? Married three times? -- I know that before Henry she was with Louis of France, who was a dead loss as a spouse. Last resting place -- not the faintest idea, so I'll try -- again -- Westminster Abbey.
She was married twice and is buried at Fontevrault Abbey. It's not often I can inform @Calthrop. My favourite historical character (Eleanor, not @Calthrop).

MotCO

Established Member
@MotCO has it. Married twice before marrying bonking Henry, then married Thomas Seymour of Sudeley Castle only to die of childbirth complications a year later and just 20 months after old 'Enery.

Thanks to Mrs MotCO :)

There are eight countries which lie on the Greenwich Meridian. Please name them.

Calthrop

Established Member
Mali -- @AndyPJG: sorry ! didn't notice your entry of Mali -- I'm not sure about this one either, but it's a long country east-to-west ...
Burkina Faso