• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

General Knowledge Quiz

Boudacia Geraldine Granger then? This was the name given when Alice's child was Christened - and that episode has just been on tv when I switched it on! Spooky!
Sadly that is not the name given when she got married and that episode was on tv the other night, which I thought was a risk
asking the question but possibly not as many people watched it as I thought!

If nobody guesses it by 11am tomorrow then a clue will be given.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

I don't know the answer but I half remember that her middle names were songs from Mary Poppins
You are correct, her full name was Geraldine Julie Andrews Dick Van Dyke Supercalifragilisticexpialidocius Chim-Chiminey Chim-Chiminey
Chim-Chim-Cheree Granger - when married became Kennedy !!!

On checking further Boadicea is quoted as per @MotCO although isnt mentioned at the wedding which was the final episode, an apology
to @MotCO for saying his answer was wrong.

Therefore there is a tie break question between @Loppylugs , @MotCO & @OhNoAPacer .

Who composed the music for The Vicar of Dibley please ?

MotCO

Established Member
Thank you.

The sermon this week is as follows. Who are Mike's six friends, in which month is his birthday, and what are his two favourite dances?

Calthrop

Established Member
Thank you.

The sermon this week is as follows. Who are Mike's six friends, in which month is his birthday, and what are his two favourite dances?
Charlie, Juliet, Oscar, Victor and two from India, Romeo and Sierra. November. Foxtrot and Tango.

Could some kind person explain? I get that it's the military alphabet for radio communication, etc. -- but, beyond that ...?

MotCO

Established Member
Sorry to be so thick; but why those particular six? -- or is it just random, and it could be any names / letters?
When I set the question, I counted seven names in the phonetic alphabet, although with Sierra, it could be eight. So it's Mike plus six or seven other names. Likewise, there is only one month, November, and two dances, Foxtrot and Tango.

DaleCooper

Established Member
When I set the question, I counted seven names in the phonetic alphabet, although with Sierra, it could be eight. So it's Mike plus six or seven other names. Likewise, there is only one month, November, and two dances, Foxtrot and Tango.
If you include Sierra you might as well add Delta (Goodrem).

Gloster

Established Member
Yes that's correct. It seems as though my curate has answered on my behalf :D
Sorry, I missed that it was actually you who had set the question.

You could have others. I have heard of a girl called Echo and you can have where did he go on holiday (two choices), what type of accommodation did he use, what did he play, and what did he drink? After that it does get a bit tenuous, although you can also ask about the in-flight film, although I doubt they would actually show it nowadays.

The next question is in #20,921.

MotCO

Established Member

You could have others. I have heard of a girl called Echo and you can have where did he go on holiday (two choices), what type of accommodation did he use, what did he play, and what did he drink? After that it does get a bit tenuous, although you can also ask about the in-flight film, although I doubt they would actually show it nowadays.

Actually three - India, Quebec and Lima (or Hotel for four)

DaleCooper

Established Member

You didn't respond to #20,926, did you miss it in the confusion?

Gloster

Established Member
As a clue I will add that the writer did some cookery writing early in his career, but is best known for thrillers.

Calthrop

Established Member
As a clue I will add that the writer did some cookery writing early in his career, but is best known for thrillers.

Len Deighton -- An Expensive Place to Die? -- if correct, open floor please; got something of a "hint", and Googled thence.