• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

German-speaking rail enthusiasts

Status
Not open for further replies.

py_megapixel

Established Member
Does anyone know of any good online German-speaking rail communities? I do enjoy participating in this kind of thing so if forums like this exist that's great - I do also like Discord servers (I prefer to avoid Facebook though). I'm asking because I think it would be a nice way to improve my German in a fairly casual way, while also discussing something I have an interest in (but of course from a different perspective

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Gloster

Established Member
I am not up with the technicalities (I have no idea what Discord means), but I can say that I have often read the Drehscheibe Foren. There are a number of forums and I presume there are no problems about joining, although it might be worth doing a dry run in case some of the technical words of the joining process, which will be in German, are new to you. Despite my technical incompetence, I have joined forums in other languages (that I am familiar with) without too much trouble.

There are quite a number of German forums and one or two sites list them, but I can’t remember which I used to use. Try searching around some of the German rail magazines websites for lists.

py_megapixel

Established Member
I am not up with the technicalities (I have no idea what Discord means), but I can say that I have often read the Drehscheibe Foren. There are a number of forums and I presume there are no problems about joining, although it might be worth doing a dry run in case some of the technical words of the joining process, which will be in German, are new to you. Despite my technical incompetence, I have joined forums in other languages (that I am familiar with) without too much trouble.

There are quite a number of German forums and one or two sites list them, but I can’t remember which I used to use. Try searching around some of the German rail magazines websites for lists.
Thanks for the recommendations.

(For what it's worth Discord doesn't mean anything specific - it's just the brand name of a particular piece of communications software which is quite popular with large communities.)

Status
Not open for further replies.