• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Gift for a train driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

number1guji@gm

Hi all,

My father in law is a train driver and his birthday is coming up.

I wanted to get him something practical that he could use; he drives on the London Overground.

Any ideas? Ideally something on Amazon Prime.

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ComUtoR

Established Member
Pen - My daughter bought me a pen years ago and it lived in my bag for ages. It was bright pink !
Mug - Seen many a personalised mug. Anything ranging from the ubiqutious Thomas mugs to 'Worlds Greatest Train Driver' loads of family mugs out on a desk somewhere.
Bag - Drivers bags are hit and miss. Plenty of Drivers carry their own. A decent bag is worth its weight in tea.
Kindle - Plenty of time sitting around in mess rooms. For an avid reader they are a godsend.

I'm sure there are plenty of other more personal options.

ABB125

Established Member
Bag - Drivers bags are hit and miss. Plenty of Drivers carry their own. A decent bag is worth its weight in tea.
:D:D

Unfortunately I can't suggest anything, as I'm not a driver, and I wouldn't want to suggest anything that contravenes the rules for whatever reason. But things like a mug sound like a decent idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.