• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Glasgow central depot work area

Status
Not open for further replies.

the stripler

Hi guys

Anyone on here work out of glasgow central at all.

Trying to find out what routes and links are worked out of there.
Thanks for any help.

Cheers

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

_toommm_

Established Member
Here we go:

Glasgow Central
Traction:
156,158 (both Senior Link only),318, 320, 380, 385
Routes:
Glasgow - Ayr/ Ardrossan Harbour/ Largs
Glasgow - Wemyss Bay/ Gourouck
Glasgow - Cathcart Circle/ Neilston/ Newton
Glasgow - Paisley Canal
Glasgow - Lanark
Senior Link adds
Glasgow - East Kilbride/Kilmarnock
Glasgow - Edinburgh Waverley via Shotts

Glasgow Queen Street
Traction:
156,158,170,385,HST (link dependant)
Routes:
Glasgow - Edinburgh (via Croy and also via Cumbernauld)
Glasgow - Anniesland
Glasgow - Alloa
Stirling - Perth (link dependant)
Glasgow - Oban (link dependant)

I'm not a driver so I can't give you an idea of the links specifically. Hopefully someone from SR will come along and if they're allowed, they may be able to explain the link structure.

bluesfromagun

If you're on about rest day patterns and whatnot, it'll be the following because it's standard across ScotRail (except the rural depots);

Its a four day week with Sundays excluded, rest day pattern is almost always this -
Week A - off Fri and Sat
Week B - off Mon and Tue
Week C - off Wed and Thu
Then back to week A. The Sundays, which are paid as overtime, are slotted in here and there between either weeks B and C or C and A, so that they don't ruin your five day long weekend. The number of Sundays you are rostered to work depends on the depot although it should average out at 1 in 3 (roughly). Its a 36hr week averaged over 8 weeks (not including the Sundays), maximum turn length is 10hrs and minimum is 6hrs, and you cannot be rostered more than 39hrs in one week - you can do more than that of course but then its overtime. You get five weeks allocated annual leave - so that's 2x2 weeks and 1x1 week, and as I say, that's allotted to you on a holiday roster. If it doesn't suit you then you can try to find someone who will swap you or a vacancy in the annual leave roster, but its by no means guaranteed you'll be successful.
Also, the shift pattern tends to be early one week, late the next, and so on. Not guaranteed to the case of course, mids can appear anywhere and nights normally replace lates - but I don't think you'd have any nights at Central anyway.

the stripler

Yes ...thanks for that- i work this shift pattern at my depot- im just considering a transfer and would like to know for sure the routes etc covered.
Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.