• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Go North West

Status
Not open for further replies.

cnjb8

Established Member
Sorry if this thread has been created already.

As seen on Daniel Graham's Flickr, SN14 TTE has been repainted into the GNW livery. Also, some of the Volvo B7RLE's from GNE have transferred over.

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Jordan Adam

Established Member
The Best Impressions "Exclusive"... Take the scheme they've previously done for Transdev, change the colours and plonk some vinyls near the colour split.

About time they came up with something new as this constant copy+paste of the exact same livery over and over for different operators is quite uninspiring at this point!

WWH44L

The Best Impressions "Exclusive"... Take the scheme they've previously done for Transdev, change the colours and plonk some vinyls near the colour split.

About time they came up with something new as this constant copy+paste of the exact same livery over and over for different operators is quite uninspiring at this point!
It’s been designed by We are Buzz who are a local company in Salford.
Personally I like it, although a fair bit of the orange will be covered by adverts.

Jordan Adam

Established Member
It’s been designed by We are Buzz who are a local company in Salford.
Personally I like it, although a fair bit of the orange will be covered by adverts.

It seems like We Are Buzz are lacking Buzz then! It looks like a Best Impressions design, which they are known for replicating over and over for different companies.

Jordan Adam

Established Member
The new Go North West livery is the same as Transdev's "Pride Of The North" livery but with different vinyls! Ohh dear. :lol:

Established Member
It's straight out of 1985. I had thought and hoped they'd go for a fully route branded network.

There's a possibility they'll have to repaint them all into Andy Burnham's choice of colours fairly soon, so it might not be worth the effort. It's bad enough in Bury and Rochdale with Transdev painting buses every colour of the rainbow without Go Ahead getting in on the act too.

KendalKing

Established Member
There's a possibility they'll have to repaint them all into Andy Burnham's choice of colours fairly soon, so it might not be worth the effort. It's bad enough in Bury and Rochdale with Transdev painting buses every colour of the rainbow without Go Ahead getting in on the act too.

I have lost count, on how many different liveries they are in Greater Manchester.

buslad1988

It seems like We Are Buzz are lacking Buzz then! It looks like a Best Impressions design, which they are known for replicating over and over for different companies.

I’m sure a certain Mr Stenning will not be happy with this blatant copycat livery ‘designed’ by We Are Buzz.

If you look at some of We Are Buzz’s older work... Ipswich’s horrid purple/green schemes and Blackpool’s bland Palladium livery - atleast it’s an improvement on those!

Jordan Adam

Established Member

Andyh82

Established Member
What an awful livery, and especially as they are operating in the same area as Rosso who use the same livery on their Pride of the North buses

LAIRA

Please does anyone have the details of which buses have transferred to Go North West?

Sankey Wire

All they need to do now is change the name to “Manchester’s Own Buses” or a variation on that theme and job done!

What a licence to print money they have!

Galaxy

It wasn't Stenning... it is Buzz Marketing who created it.

But yes, very much a similar theme, pattern, brand, bland...

TheGrandWazoo

Veteran Member
Somerset with international travel (e.g. across th
I do find this opprobrium towards Ray Stenning and Best Impressions perverse to say the least, particularly when he's getting the blame for a scheme that he's not responsible for. :oops: And who'd have thought so many graphic designers would be on this board :lol:

The reality is that most design agencies have a house style. Should an operator want something completely new, then I'm sure that BI would do it. However, that they can reuse designs and collateral means that they can create a livery plus all the other marketing collateral at a lower cost.

Also, liveries that are designed that reflect the two main manufacturers styling so they're going to look similar. I might also add that this is of little interest to the 99.99% of passengers; if you're a passenger on the Norwich Park and Ride, are you going to know that it's similar to Buses of Somerset? I'm guessing not.

Opinions are personal but I do tend to agree with the overall view on the GNW livery; it's restrained bordering on dull and I was thinking they might have gone for something bolder and brighter as a greater break from the past.

Robertj21a

On Moderation
Even 'restrained bordering on dull' is fairly complimentary compared to my thoughts!
What a missed opportunity.

Jordan Adam

Established Member
It wasn't Stenning... it is Buzz Marketing who created it.

But yes, very much a similar theme, pattern, brand, bland...

Indeed, i was made aware not long after making that comment, but had yet to edit it here to reflect that.

It's such a bland and repetitive design that i was mistaken for thinking it was the word of Stenning! Looking at Buzz Marketing's previous work they quite evidently lack any buzz!

Status
Not open for further replies.