• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Gotthard Line Video from 1997.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morning All,

I recently put another Swiss video on my new YouTube channel. It was taken in 1997 and features the Gotthard line long before most of the trains were routed through the new base tunnel. Here's the link if anyone would like to have a look:

Hope it's of interest.

Tschau!

Ron.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

eastwestdivide

Established Member
Nice. Glad I got there before the base tunnel too - lots of varied traffic.
Love the shot of the northbound departure from Göschenen going "over the cliff edge" as the gradient changes (about 11:30 in the vid)

Nice. Glad I got there before the base tunnel too - lots of varied traffic.
Love the shot of the northbound departure from Göschenen going "over the cliff edge" as the gradient changes (about 11:30 in the vid)

Glad you like it. When I first went over the Gotthard Line I never dreamed that it would one day be by-passed by a long tunnel underneath it. Further instalments of the video will be added in due course.

Afternoon All,

The next installment of my 1997 video of 141R1244 on the Gotthard Line has now been published on YouTube. Here's the link for those interested to see it:

Hope it's of interest.

Morning All,

I put two more short Swiss railway videos on YouTube yesterday although one is really a continuation of the other.

The first one has the last shots of the SNCF 141R at Airolo and Flüelen on its way home to Brugg. There are also shots of the normal day to day Swiss trains as they were at that time - now history, of course. Look out for the Re 6/6 hauling a 16 coach train!

The second video was taken that evening at Thalwil. The light was failing, so not ideal for filming, but I managed to get a couple of shots before it got too dark and I had to give up.

Here they are if anyone would like to see them:

TTFN,

Ron.

Status
Not open for further replies.