• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Grand Central - Trainee Train Drivers (Various)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

DriverEight

Anyone get an email saying:
We would, however, like to make you aware of another role that may well fit with your skills and experience - please find the link attached (insert link to role) and would encourage you to apply.
No, that's a new one on me

We would, however, like to make you aware of another role that may well fit with your skills and experience - please find the link attached (insert link to role) and would encourage you to apply.
Oh yes ! It says that on mine too, didn't carry on reading after I saw I was unsuccessful. No link either.

DriverEight

The only other jobs on the website for Grand Central are for qualified train drivers. However, there are jobs for bus drivers with arriva bus, maybe that's what they mean.

kmck96

Got this too. No link either. Must be a mistake surely??

Chuggachugga92

On Moderation
I got an unsuccessful email yesterday and then today got an email to apply for another suitable role but no link but saw it was for qualified driver

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
If there was no link I wonder if someone has forgotten to edit a template email correctly?

Mikecas

Unsuccessful for me had a feeling I would of had skills match at least for an interview or test, currently hgv fuel delivery not sure what they looking for. Good luck to everyone else who has been successful at this stage, I also got link for other suitable job but nothing attached

Barney07

The only other safety critical role for GC is the Senior Conductor talent pool which is still live on the website, for Sunderland.

GC have now advertised for qualified drivers at both Sunderland and Bradford.

Tom Quinne

On Moderation
Good news that Hull Trains are restarting their operation shortly, however...1 in 3 staff are being made redundant.

If your with a TOC you really need your head read if your thinking about going to a open access operation.

Driver068

Are these new round of redundancies or previous redundancies from the back end of 2020 - if so they are office staff and there is a statement by RMT and a forum discussing this. Non are drivers that i am aware of and HT have recently advertised for Qualified Drivers.

However that may of been postponed and that Drivers are NOT necessarily exempt from redundancies. My point being there is talk this is NOT linked to covid and more scaremongering by some who seem to be dead cert on the know and future of all OAOs, TOCs and FOCs.

Please enlighten us to why some may need their heads checked moving to an OAO if chose to do so. I guess you may have information on these OAO that others on here do not.

Kind to share...

secretsquirels

On Moderation
This is going to have to be some quick process for people to be in positions by the end of April. Interview, psychometrics, and one months notice to current employer (UK standard) all within 6-7 weeks. Interesting!

DriverEight

And most do
I wouldn't know. I'm just making the point that there's no "UK standard" for notice periods. The law simply states that "employers are entitled to a minimum of 1 weeks notice after 1 month of employment. Even if your contract stipulates one month, you can still ask for it to be reduced depending on your personal circumstances. My current contract states no notice is required in the first month, 1 week after that for the first year, then 2 weeks for the remainder of your employment.

Daggers84

This is going to have to be some quick process for people to be in positions by the end of April. Interview, psychometrics, and one months notice to current employer (UK standard) all within 6-7 weeks. Interesting!
I agree, and considering they said 30/31 March for psychometrics it doesn’t leave much time for interviews before. However they did say 2-4 weeks on my email which would take me to next Saturday(13th) so they must of factored it in hopefully.

Class67

I know who you are. So if you're so interested which you clearly seem to be then private message me.
I don't know who you think I am as I don't believe I know you from Adam.

If you don't want to answer a question about why a qualified driver is applying for a trainee role or other questions on threads you've made, that's fine, but it kinda defeats the objective of a forum.

Daggers84

Hi,
Has anybody heard anything since applying?
I’ve heard nothing since the we will be in touch in 2-4 weeks email. Considering their original timings I wonder if they have put people through to interviews and are going to let everyone else know they haven’t been successful if they get enough who pass the interviews.

Driver068

Dont forget there is currently vacancies open for Qualified drivers in Sunderland and Bradford. I would assume, correct me if i am wrong, they will take this in consideration to how many Qualifieds they want against Trainees. Just a thought and maybe theres a link there.
Maybe some will hear from 24th March when the Qualified drivers advertised closes.

Status
Not open for further replies.