• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Great Western Train service requirements document (26th August)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kite159

Veteran Member
It doesn't work like that, as you well know.

I know.

GWR would rather run the super fasts than run other services which people might actually want to use. Generates more revenue as options for splitting on something nonstop Paddington - Bristol Parkway are somewhat limited

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

tiptoptaff

Established Member
I know.

GWR would rather run the super fasts than run other services which people might actually want to use. Generates more revenue as options for splitting on something nonstop Paddington - Bristol Parkway are somewhat limited
Nothing to do with that.

The crews that cover these completely separate services work from different depots

irish_rail

Established Member
I know.

I must admit there do seem to be some very busy services to places like Cheltenham, and the south west. Often 5 car sets. Bristol going back to 4tph really should be the very last thing on GWRs mind right now.

Wilts Wanderer

Established Member
Pretty sure the weekday 1445 ex Paddington superfast I caught to Temple Meads a couple of times went on to Weston. Through Didcot Parkway in under 30min once(!) Would be good to have them back.

Yes it did, but the fact that it ran was to balance unit diagrams, not to serve Weston specifically.

DLJ

Yes it did, but the fact that it ran was to balance unit diagrams, not to serve Weston specifically.
Thanks - I wasn't suggesting it should, just noting that it did - my (admittedly sefish!) interest in the superfasts ends at Temple Meads.

I don't know enough about setting diagrams to have an informed opinion of the order in which routes / services should or can be re-instated, I was just saying how useful I personally found that service.

Ianno87

Veteran Member
I must admit there do seem to be some very busy services to places like Cheltenham, and the south west. Often 5 car sets. Bristol going back to 4tph really should be the very last thing on GWRs mind right now.

Unless it is net revenue generational.

Status
Not open for further replies.