• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Greater Anglia Vacancies -Trainee Mainline Driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

OneLowban

I would imagine you would be on that course, everything should be sorted well before then.

References can be taken a few weeks after I believe.

Regarding uniform, GA have just changed supplier and our new uniform is starting to be delivered now for use at the start of 2020 so don’t be surprised if that’s a bit up in the air. Also when I started last year we didn’t have everything straight away and I just wore smart clothes until we did (trousers, shoes, shirt/tie, cardigan thing. Some others were slightly less formal).

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mekiz79

That's great, thanks mate.

Any idea what they ask for in terms of references? I've had an unlucky year with sickness/football related injuries and had quite a few days off, I'm a bit worried they may not like this.

I work for the Police so I dont think they disclose your sickness record in a reference, I will check with my HR to make sure though.

OneLowban

That's great, thanks mate.

Any idea what they ask for in terms of references? I've had an unlucky year with sickness/football related injuries and had quite a few days off, I'm a bit worried they may not like this.

I work for the Police so I dont think they disclose your sickness record in a reference, I will check with my HR to make sure though.

To be honest I’m not 100% sure what they ask in references, at times I have heard they ask about sickness and other times I’ve heard just “did this person work for you at this time?”

Maybe someone else will know for sure?

Marvin1979

yes they do ask in the reference, it's an online form they email to your referee and there are 2 questions on sickness, if I remember correctly 1 of the questions is "how many days sick have you had in the last year"

Mekiz79

So I emailed my HR and they said they give employment dates and last 2 years sickness dates. 2018 I had 0 days sick but 2019 I have had 18 days sick. Hoping this doesn't affect my application! The medical form asks for sick days for last 12 months so that's not ideal! :rolleyes:

Lady P

I wrote in my application 90 consecutive days off sick as I had an op after breaking my leg and they still employed me

Mekiz79

Got offered my start date today and official job offer. Literally start 1 month today, so handed my notice in! Anyone else on the same course? Looking forward to new career! :D

Trainee101

Got offered my start date today and official job offer. Literally start 1 month today, so handed my notice in! Anyone else on the same course? Looking forward to new career! :D
Well done. I start my depot driver induction course on Monday for GA. Last day of my current job tomorrow.

Timpg

Congratulations mate! You should be starting the same time as my mate. I started in October and currently on stadler traction coarse. Then followed by few weeks to finish off rules. Loving every minute off it, you will not regret it mate. One word of advice, purchase yourself a note pad and pen, because there’s an immense amount of information to take in so you will need to take notes in order to revise for the assessments. But the training is excellent and they will support you in any which way they can to help you through it.

Last edited:

Mekiz79

Congratulations mate! You should be starting the same time as my mate. I started in October and currently on stadler traction coarse. Then followed by few weeks to finish off rules. Loving every minute off it, you will not regret it mate. One word of advice, purchase yourself a note pad and pen, because there’s an immense amount of information to take in so you will need to take notes in order to revise for the assessments. But the training is excellent and they will support you in any which way they can to help you through it.

Thanks mate. Looking forward to it, thanks for the advice.

Dddeano

Congrats on getting your roles

I'm new to this site and thought this thread was the most appropriate.

When did you all apply for the Trainee Driver roles? I've just checked and mines still "under considerstion" from May19 haha. I've done the online assessments and never heard back. Do you think I should follow up with them?

The only reason I haven't already done so is I've recently moved to the area (from Surrey) where I was also applying but with Network Rail you go into a pool of people who passed the tests and wait to be interviewed so wasnt sure if it was the same principle.

Many thanks.

Dddeano

Sorry, probably should've added - this is for Colchester.

Congrats on getting your roles

I'm new to this site and thought this thread was the most appropriate.

When did you all apply for the Trainee Driver roles? I've just checked and mines still "under considerstion" from May19 haha. I've done the online assessments and never heard back. Do you think I should follow up with them?

The only reason I haven't already done so is I've recently moved to the area (from Surrey) where I was also applying but with Network Rail you go into a pool of people who passed the tests and wait to be interviewed so wasnt sure if it was the same principle.

Many thanks.

Trainee101

See you there mate! Starting same course too.
Had my induction this week so I start my depot driving course on Monday 20th. Cant wait. I'm told I'm the only external guy on the course and there will be 3 internals with me. I take it you'll be one then! What do you do at the minute mate?

Lee Saunders

Congratulations to all that have a start date. Still haven’t heard anything about my stage 1 assessments lol, passed my SJT back in May 19 now so I take it that’s it now. Going to start elsewhere with another TOC and hopefully will be better at communicating than GA

Sammy2019

I emailed them last week and was told that they are still processing applications and that your application is only valid for one year from the date of your online tests and you would then need to reapply. Frustrating to say the least, I applied for this in April of last year. Oh well.

OneLowban

When we had our induction in 2018 we were told for every one of us that made it around 340 didn’t, that’s a lot of applications..

TNT

Morning all, anybody had recent assessments or still waiting for their first stage date?

Knowledgeboy

Applied in July last year and still waiting for stage 1 invite
I sat a DMI back in October for this round of recruitment having sat the assessments the previous year with a different TOC. They contacted me Out of the blue really as I had seen people had gone through the assessments with them a few months previous. Anyway DMI went well or at least I thought and unfortunately I wasn’t successful. I was already in a talent pool with the other TOC and am still waiting for a start so hoping for this year. In all honesty I think if you haven’t heard anything by now, it’s likely they have recruited already for those positions. My DMI was for ilford by the way.

Nevergiveup

Hopefully you’ll get it this year, did you apply for any vacancy with SWR? They’ve been recruiting at many depots this year.. I applied for Liverpool Street but not hoping for anything, I recently had assessments with SWR but failed one of the computer tests so will try again after 6 months and hopefully pass
I sat a DMI back in October for this round of recruitment having sat the assessments the previous year with a different TOC. They contacted me Out of the blue really as I had seen people had gone through the assessments with them a few months previous. Anyway DMI went well or at least I thought and unfortunately I wasn’t successful. I was already in a talent pool with the other TOC and am still waiting for a start so hoping for this year. In all honesty I think if you haven’t heard anything by now, it’s likely they have recruited already for those positions. My DMI was for ilford by the way.

Jadey

Hi All,
Just wanted to say thank you so much to everyone on this forum, it has been so helpful.
I just wondered if anyone has been given a start date this May?
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.