• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GTR to loan 6 387's to GWR

Status
Not open for further replies.

warwickshire

On Moderation
There's a red train in West Ealing.
Certainly is 387204 387205 387206 in middle off carriage sidings
With 387203 387201 387202 on left hand side next to the main line moved to day .

NOTE move was performed by 57306 locomotive ie drs locomotive on hire to rail operations group for the movement.
Due to the other rail operations locomotive 57310 on hire to gwr sleepers from rail operations group.
Also note sadly it was running 86 minutes late into west ealing due to a massive power failure and loss off signalling on the north London line
Causing severe disruption today.
However drs 57306 and red 387201 202 203.
Nice and red upon arrival at west ealing 86 minutes late.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Slightly stretching the subject line, are all six 387/3 (leased by c2c) on loan to GWR as well? If not all, which ones?

Thanks

adc82140

Established Member
A lot of people rely on the colour to make sure they are on the right service. A very risky strategy!
Or not. :) My wife once ended up in Bracknell instead of Blackwater because she got on the wrong train, when travelling from Wokingham. I did point out that the Blackwater train was two carriages long, painted blue and was diesel, whereas the Blackwater one was eight carriages long, painted white and was electric. She said she had gone by the departure time, and for one reason or another that day the order of trains had been reversed.

Established Member
387208 has received Great Northern logos, which even say 'operated by Gatwick Express' next to them in white text. Make of that what you will!

Aictos

Established Member
A lot of people rely on the colour to make sure they are on the right service. A very risky strategy!
If people are just relying on the colour of the train to make sure they are on the right train then they really shouldn't be travelling for their own sanity.

387208 has received Great Northern logos, which even say 'operated by Gatwick Express' next to them in white text. Make of that what you will!
Currently working Kings Cross to Ely today for those wishing to see it.

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
I saw that parked up at Hornsey when I passed yesterday, had to do a double take! Unfortunately it wasn't there today when I had my camera at hand.

As if there isn't already enough confusion caused by Gatwick Express....

physics34

Established Member
Dreadful. I gasp at our railway some times. Who are these clowns who decide this.

62484GlenLyon

All 3 of the units carry the same branding. 387207 visible on Hornsey earlier and 387209 is currently working 1T27 11.53 Ely to Kings Cross. There is a red cab end in the sidings at Cambridge just visible from the footbridge at the station which I assume is 387208.

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
Can I point out that theres a separate thread about the use of 387s on GN?
https://www.railforums.co.uk/threads/gatex-387’s-on-loan-to-great-northern.216776/

warwickshire

On Moderation
Back to thread .
Has any off the red Gatwick Express units entered service yet for gwr.
Any information and any sightings or any possible diagrams or any seen workings please.

Mag_seven

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Just a reminder that this thread is for the discussion of the loan of 6 GTR Class 387s to GWR.

If anyone wants to discuss anything else then they should use a more appropriate thread or start a new one.

thanks

Mag_seven

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Back to thread .
Any information and any sightings or any possible diagrams or any seen workings please.

Certainly yesterday they all seemed to be parked up in West Ealing sidings.

03_179

Established Member
Back to thread .

I've been checking daily but not turned a wheel as yet

FGW_DID

Established Member
Back to thread .

Certainly yesterday they all seemed to be parked up in West Ealing sidings.

There were supposed to be a couple of diagrams this week utilising them but there is some sort of minor issue with them and to resolve the issue they need to visit the TCD at Reading which at the moment is easier said than done!

JN114

Established Member
I can confirm they’ve not entered service with GWR - there’s a minor approvals matter holding things up (and consequently causing knock-on issues elsewhere as they’re taking up too much space at West Ealing)

There are theoretically some “set” diagrams for them, but they’ll be common use with the rest of the green fleet so it’s unlikely they’ll stick to them once they’re out.

JN114

Established Member
Is that Hornsey or Cambridge? Because I can see a Greater Anglia train in the background

The photo from last week you’re quoting, is indeed from Hornsey - Greater Anglia Stadler units visit Hornsey frequently for various work, I’m sure it’s covered extensively in the forum threads on the Stadler units.

py_megapixel

Established Member
At this point it would make more sense just to paint the trains plain white and put on the logo appropriate for whichever TOC happens to be operating it that day with sellotape

The_Train

Established Member
5Z81 running today was formed of 201 & 203. Going into Reading TCD, presumably to start in service soon.

Is it a safe bet that Reading TCD will be their 'home' in terms of maintenance etc?

Edit: This is meant to cover all of the transferred stock, not just 201 & 203 :)

JonathanH

Veteran Member
Is it a safe bet that Reading TCD will be their 'home' in terms of maintenance etc?

Edit: This is meant to cover all of the transferred stock, not just 201 & 203 :)
There wouldn't appear to be any other option since they are on an 'electrification island' with no other GWR depot on that island.

The_Train

Established Member
There wouldn't appear to be any other option since they are on an 'electrification island' with no other GWR depot on that island.
I'd kind of thought that but wasn't sure what sort of capabilities some of these sidings had down that way in terms of anything more than stabling

Status
Not open for further replies.