• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GTR - Trainee Train Driver vacancies (07/12/20)

Chuchu

Hello everyone ! GTR has posted various trainee driver vacancies with Great Northern, Thameslink and Southern. Good luck to all !!!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

n071958k

Hello everyone ! GTR has posted various trainee driver vacancies with Great Northern, Thameslink and Southern. Good luck to all !!!

Thanks a lot for sharing.

Applied to all, now the long wait starts. Fingers crossed for everyone ! ;)
Yeah I wondered if I should apply for Thameslink and also Southern. Did you just put same answers in both? - assuming same questions were asked in each application form.

jacey

im currently awaiting a dmi with GTR for brighton. This is a good sign though strange how they named the tocs in the application. When i applied it was GTR now they have broken that down to the tocs under GTR.

Well its not that strange tbh:E just different to the usual.

Kay_M

You are a diamond. Thank you for this.

Aftv49

There’s no mention of being restricted to applying for one post only. I’m assuming you’re allowed to apply for all 3.

Javelin_55

I have applied for both Thameslink and Southern as Brighton is close to me. Hoping to get through the paper sift at least - I'm now busy clearing my diary for the next year. Best of luck to everyone doing the same!

Jules1970

I am new to the forum and am in the process of applying for barnham or Brighton, does anyone know where the training is done.

jacey

i might be wrong but i believe all tocs under GTR are enhanced. i have taken tests recently although this was just Thameslink.

387star

On Moderation
Some 160 trainees being recruited across GTR and now advertised on Facebook competition will be immense

From the GTR Linkedin page
“Are you interested in a career as a train driver? We’re recruiting 160 trainee drivers across our network, so come and join our diverse team that delivers thousands of journeys every day.”

Jobs galore :D

joshuan542

From the GTR Linkedin page
“Are you interested in a career as a train driver? We’re recruiting 160 trainee drivers across our network, so come and join our diverse team that delivers thousands of journeys every day.”

Jobs galore :D
Not necessartily considering the amount of applications that will be recieved and also the drive is 180 total across the 3 TOC's, good luck to all!

Chuchu

Yeah I wondered if I should apply for Thameslink and also Southern. Did you just put same answers in both? - assuming same questions were asked in each application form.
Well yes, I thought it would be ok to do that, considering they have the same parent company. Identical application steps for all of them.

Class2ldn

Not sure however moving across from say Southern to Thameslink or vice versa is very difficult as a Qualified and you apply as if you were an external.
Wasn't the case for quite a few of the southern guys a couple of years back.
They just came across.