• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GTR - Trainee Train Driver vacancies (07/12/20)

Luckyflames

I have my MMI on Thursday, I passed my DMI on 8th June, so was surprised that they had a date so soon, but I think it may have been a cancellation and I did chase up via email to ask when the next dates would be.. Last stage now before my medical.. Currently working on my prep and practising with anyone who will listen

What’s your best advice for prep for MMI ?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

soxiez

I have my MMI on Thursday, I passed my DMI on 8th June, so was surprised that they had a date so soon, but I think it may have been a cancellation and I did chase up via email to ask when the next dates would be.. Last stage now before my medical.. Currently working on my prep and practising with anyone who will listen
me too! similar timelines also. although running out of people who will listen at this point :lol:

Driver_wife

What’s your best advice for prep for MMI ?
I have written out the 6 questions on word and my examples I gave in the assessment day (which I wrote down after I attended so it was fresh in my mind) i have used this forum to research all the buzz words and competencies they’re looking for in my answers and incorporated these in to my responses. And now I am just getting anyone who will listen to ask me the questions and hear my responses. Hopefully that’s enough to pass- I will let you know :)

me too! similar timelines also. although running out of people who will listen at this point :lol:
Good luck!! Yes I am sure my husband and family are sick of me, but I do like to be prepared

Luckyflames

Train21

Hi luckyflames,

I did my best and prepared as much as I could. Interviews are always hard to gauge! I had it yesterday morning and yes it was for southern. I saw that a lot of people heard next day so was just wondering if anyone else’s experience was different!

Luckyflames

Hi luckyflames,

I did my best and prepared as much as I could. Interviews are always hard to gauge! I had it yesterday morning and yes it was for southern. I saw that a lot of people heard next day so was just wondering if anyone else’s experience was different!
Al the best !!

Always hard to gauge you’re right. Im
Pretty sure. They would’ve all had their interview on a Thursday. But like others have said. Some
Heard after a week. At the end did they go into leave/pay/training/medical etc ?

Train21

Thank you! My fingers are crossed!
Hopefully I’ll hear soon. Yes they went into detail about all of that for me.

Luckyflames

Going through all the pay etc is part of the interviewers process and regardless of whether successful or not they'll go through it with everyon
Hi Lucky, my DMI was in April on a Tuesday.
Wow !!! Ok. Happy to be corrected.

Hi, I'm on a course starting 23rd Aug for Selhurst depot.
Is this a totally new application. ? No previous passes from previous years. ? If so that’s quick. Congrats.

ExFlyer84

Wow !!! Ok. Happy to be corrected.

Is this a totally new application. ? No previous passes from previous years. ? If so that’s quick. Congrats.
No unfortunately this has taken 2.5 years and is still relatively quick compared to some... I applied Feb 2019. It took 1.5 years to get appts for assessment, DMI and MMI and then a year in talent pool. I know of one person who applied Dec 2020 and is already in training.

Driver_wife

Hey thanks for your well wishes.. I found it ok actually and was very relaxed.. I just got the email that I passed and now in the talent pool! Good luck to everyone in the process!! :)

Traffic71

No unfortunately this has taken 2.5 years and is still relatively quick compared to some... I applied Feb 2019. It took 1.5 years to get appts for assessment, DMI and MMI and then a year in talent pool. I know of one person who applied Dec 2020 and is already in training.
Thanks for letting me know that. I’m still awaiting a date for the assessments. It’s good to know that you aren’t just forgotten.

ExFlyer84

Thanks for letting me know that. I’m still awaiting a date for the assessments. It’s good to know that you aren’t just forgotten.
It is a bit of a long process with a lot of waiting inbetween dates. Some people seem to go through it quite quickly, some don't. It seems to me that's its more down to the individual depot requirements for drivers, as to how quickly you move through the system, based on your depot preferences.