• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GTR - Trainee Train Driver vacancies (07/12/20)

BJS75

Ladies and Gentlemen, I was told that applying for any railway job would take time however I’m interested to know if there is anybody on here that applied back in December 2020 and still yet to receive any correspondence in relation to my application being Successful or Unsuccessful.????

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Twotwo

Ladies and Gentlemen, I was told that applying for any railway job would take time however I’m interested to know if there is anybody on here that applied back in December 2020 and still yet to receive any correspondence in relation to my application being Successful or Unsuccessful.????

If you've read the thread then you will know then some folks are waiting for assessment dates and some folks have sat the assessments within the last couple of weeks and waiting for mmi and dmi dates.

JAlexander

Good to know guys.
I am sure they are doing everything that they can to get us all assessment dates so I will sit tight and wait. I've had a few emails along the way keeping me informed which is good.

jacey

A quick question has anyone had a DMI for the brighton depot with Thameslink since Mid December 2020 ??

Ive been waiting a while for one and just want to get an idea of if i have been sacked off..... or they haven't done any due to the world wide pandemic and national lockdown :E

Vola_c

A quick question has anyone had a DMI for the brighton depot with Thameslink since Mid December 2020 ??

Ive been waiting a while for one and just want to get an idea of if i have been sacked off..... or they haven't done any due to the world wide pandemic and national lockdown :E
I had mine at the beginning of the month

jacey

I had mine at the beginning of the month
When did you apply ? have you passed all assessments and mmi ?

so my story is i applied march 2020 took the enhanced dfft in Sept 2020 passed that so only need a DMI now HR said they would let me know when slots available i emailed in October asking if any news they said still awaiting slots and haven't heard anything since.

I should probably drop them an email but don't want to nag them.

Vola_c

When did you apply ? have you passed all assessments and mmi ?

so my story is i applied march 2020 took the enhanced dfft in Sept 2020 passed that so only need a DMI now HR said they would let me know when slots available i emailed in October asking if any news they said still awaiting slots and haven't heard anything since.

I should probably drop them an email but don't want to nag them.
Dec 2020 and yes. I've got a start date in may as have a few others. I know they had thousands of applications and they are working their way through them. You won't be forgotten. Hope you hear back soon

Jameswilson

Dec 2020 and yes. I've got a start date in may as have a few others. I know they had thousands of applications and they are working their way through them. You won't be forgotten. Hope you hear back soon
Hi vola_c have you gotten the role then? Just wondering as I’ve had my mmi a few days ago just wondering how long it took for them to get back you

Vola_c

Hi vola_c have you gotten the role then? Just wondering as I’ve had my mmi a few days ago just wondering how long it took for them to get back you
I heard the next day with my mmi but everyone is different and it's also Easter so you'll get that good news soon.

soxiez

I only had to come in and sit the dfft so we sat that first and I was allowed to go home so I don't know about the rest. There was 6 of us. As far as I know you sit everything except the mmi so it's a long day for those who need to sit everything.
hello, you were on my assessment day! i'm happy to hear you passed. yes you're right, it was everything except the mmi we sat that day.

MartinSmyth

I heard back in February i was unsuccessful for great northen and then i emailed them asking why I hadn't heard back from Thameslink yet a couple of weeks ago in March and what dya know i received an email a day later saying i wws unsuccessful for that one too. I was December applications.

SLG82

Had to click them and then a red circle would appear around them indicating that I've selected them.
Do you know if you spot one on the before once you’re on the next line can you still select it or is it too late then?

Twotwo

Got a invite to sit a interview online! Not sure if it's a pre interview or an dmi. Would have preferred face to face but it is what it is

Traffic71

I heard the next day with my mmi but everyone is different and it's also Easter so you'll get that good news soon.
Hi. I saw some of your previous posts. Are you Sussex or maybe Hants? You are obviously ahead of me in the application process. I’m Sussex RPU. If by any chance you are Sussex could you email me some advice? CS789. Thanks.

Vola_c

Hi. I saw some of your previous posts. Are you Sussex or maybe Hants? You are obviously ahead of me in the application process. I’m Sussex RPU. If by any chance you are Sussex could you email me some advice? CS789. Thanks.
Inboxed you

choochoochoo

Established Member
Where do Great Northern train their drivers? Is it a residential course, and how long is the training please?
Training school is based in Hornsey. They used to have classrooms in Letchworth Garden City too.

Driver_wife

Hey everyone, I’ve actually been following this thread for quite some time but I’ve only just registered today.. I have the upper hand of my husband being a driver so the poor guy has had my constant questions direct. I passed my assessment day a few weeks ago now (phew) and so just waiting for my MMI and line manager interview now! I have seen some are by zoom now.. How long was the wait to be contacted after your assessment day for those that passed too? Only they told me interviews are usually within a week or 2 but I’ve not heard yet.. I’m in no rush just curious really.. TIA :)

Twotwo

Hey everyone, I’ve actually been following this thread for quite some time but I’ve only just registered today.. I have the upper hand of my husband being a driver so the poor guy has had my constant questions direct. I passed my assessment day a few weeks ago now (phew) and so just waiting for my MMI and line manager interview now! I have seen some are by zoom now.. How long was the wait to be contacted after your assessment day for those that passed too? Only they told me interviews are usually within a week or 2 but I’ve not heard yet.. I’m in no rush just curious really.. TIA :)

Hi! I waited about a week to find out if I passed the assessment. I only had to sit the DFFT so I think for everyone else is usually on the day. Got the good news email on the 29th and yday got an email for a dmi via zoom. So I'd say about a week.

Driver_wife

Hi! I waited about a week to find out if I passed the assessment. I only had to sit the DFFT so I think for everyone else is usually on the day. Got the good news email on the 29th and yday got an email for a dmi via zoom. So I'd say about a week.
Hi thanks for your reply. I’ll bare in mind that it was a bank holiday. I was told on the day that I passed all assessments so I know I’ve passed just haven’t had confirmation or an invite to an interview yet. It has been 2 weeks now. I’ve popped my contact a polite email just to check the waiting time at the moment. I don’t want to come across impatient. If anything I am very comfortable with the slow pace at which this all works but silence is very unnerving at times lol

Joshy

I applied last month. March 31st closing date. got invited to situational judgement assessment today.

kaysknight

Hi guys,

I had my assessment for GTR southern on April 1st. I'm aware that they usually tell you the results of this on the same day, but they decided not to on this specific day and said we would find out after bank holiday weekend, so i assumed tuesday.
It's now been a week since the assessment - i know it isn't that long but i'm refreshing my email every 5 minutes and slowly going insane hahaha :lol:

Has this happened to anyone else? and if so, how long will I roughly need to wait?

I heard back in February i was unsuccessful for great northen and then i emailed them asking why I hadn't heard back from Thameslink yet a couple of weeks ago in March and what dya know i received an email a day later saying i wws unsuccessful for that one too. I was December applications.
Yeah a similar thing happened to me. Emailing them just made them confirm I was unsuccessful. Honestly if you ain't heard nothing at this point from December it's highly likely you was unsuccessful

joshuan542

Hi guys,

I had my assessment for GTR southern on April 1st. I'm aware that they usually tell you the results of this on the same day, but they decided not to on this specific day and said we would find out after bank holiday weekend, so i assumed tuesday.
It's now been a week since the assessment - i know it isn't that long but i'm refreshing my email every 5 minutes and slowly going insane hahaha :lol:

Has this happened to anyone else? and if so, how long will I roughly need to wait?
Usually they tend to alert those successful first then will alert unsuccessfully after, if you have to email then it usually will mean unsuccessful but hopefully not on this occasion

Spaniard

Hi guys,

Hi there I'm currently waiting on a date for the assessment center and like all I'm a bit anxious, worried etc as to the tests. How did u find them and how do you think u done. Hope it went well for u