• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Guess the *BUS* Station

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivo

Established Member
I've been playing a rather amusing game on MSN tonight, specifically a variant of transportphoto's famous Guess the Station... Guess the Bus Station! It works just like Guess the Station, only it uses bus stations instead of railway stations.

As is true in Guess the Station, whoever guesses the previous location correctly has the floor, unless they call an Open Floor in which case anyone can take it. Before we start though, only locations on either the mainland of Great Britain or otherwise the Isle of Wight are permitted - so no Great Victoria Street in Belfast. Sorry! Also, to qualify, a place does not necessarily have to be a bus station in name, but it must function like a bus station, i.e. be a location at which many different routes congregate in an Interchange facility.

N.B.: Only bus stations that have been in use in the deregulated era, i.e. on or after 26 October 1986, are permitted for this game. However, bus stations that have been demolished since then are allowed. This includes any temporary bus stations used during construction works of new facilities. The actual photos however can date from any time.

N.B.: Where only one such facility exists the name of the town or city will suffice, except where the name of the area is not considered affiliated to the bus station name in any way. In locations that have more than one facility however the exact name must be provided.

N.B.: There is NO OBLIGATION to include a bus in any picture. However, it is recommended in instances that are not clearly bus stations to avoid any potential confrontation.

Anyway, let's see how this goes! Unlike in Guess the Station, I will be open to using pictures from the Internet - at least until I have some ammunition anyway. I'll start things off with an easy one to get things going...

Attachments

• A bus station somewhere in Great Britain.png
    A bus station somewhere in Great Britain.png
    228.3 KB · Views: 367
Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Temple Meads

Established Member
I can only be so vague as to say Manchester somewhere, if you need a definitive answer, lets say Piccadily?

Ivo

Established Member
I expected that to last three seconds, but apparently not! There are more than enough clues in the picture for it to be called correctly Eagle ;)

Piccadilly Gardens it is. It lasted three minutes instead :lol:

Nice to see some immediate interest! :p

Temple Meads

Established Member
I expected that to last three seconds, but apparently not! There are more than enough clues in the picture for it to be called correctly Eagle ;)

Piccadilly Gardens it is.

Nice to see some immediate interest! :p

Sorry to bring this into immediate dispute (:p), but was my Manchester Piccadilly answer not good enough Scott?

Eagle

Established Member

Well the rearmost bus is in the old NX livery, and in the colours (red/gold) that NX Dundee used...

I am annoyed that my eye went for that rather than the Magicbus :oops:

Ivo

Established Member
I'll let it go this time, but the exact name would help in case of future dispute. The floor is yours if you want it :p

Well the rearmost bus is in the old NX livery, and in the colours (red/gold) that NX Dundee used...

I am annoyed that my eye went for that rather than the Magicbus :oops:

Never mind the Magic Bus - there are tram poles in the background...

Temple Meads

Established Member
Here we go (not my picture, I'll need to get some material for this lol):

Attachments

• abusstation.jpg
    abusstation.jpg
    138 KB · Views: 276

Ivo

Established Member
OK then - how about this one?

Attachments

• A 2nd bus station somewhere in Great Britain.png
    A 2nd bus station somewhere in Great Britain.png
    366.6 KB · Views: 201

trentside

Established Member
Fares Advisor
Lincoln City Bus Station.

Still with a proper bus too - sadly the bus and livery are long gone :(

Open floor...

Ivo

Established Member
trentside has called it correctly. Lincoln City it is - and I have to say that it's not a place I fancy visiting again any time soon. It felt awful when I used it three years ago - and so run down!

And Temple Meads - Bath will be up eventually.

Temple Meads

Established Member
I'll take the floor, and the big question is; will it last longer than 1 guess...!
Again not my picture.

Attachments

• busstationthing.jpg
    busstationthing.jpg
    196.9 KB · Views: 191

Ivo

Established Member
Swansea? I know they've got a new bus station...
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Actually I've just realise how DUMB a guess that is - Swansea is First territory :roll:

Ivo

Established Member
OK then - where is this? There is a big clue in the picture (literally) ;)

Attachments

• A 3rd bus station somewhere in Great Britain.png
    A 3rd bus station somewhere in Great Britain.png
    560.6 KB · Views: 189
Status
Not open for further replies.