• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Guess the freight location

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Established Member
Preston Docks
Is the correct answer.

Here is the train from there

p474168109-3.jpg

clagmonster

Established Member
We seem to have an overhead loading/unloading facility, of realtively small size. The rails don't look very shiny and looking at the signage and CCTV cameras the picture is fairly recent (withing the past 5 years I would say). Unless you work at the site, I suspect you have taken the picture from a crossing of some form. A nuke facility would fit the description, let's try Bridgwater.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Oops, I've missed a page.

Wath Yard

Right, a fairly difficult one here I think, so I'll give an early hint. The wagons above the shunter may give a clue.

Attachments

• p08573.jpg
    p08573.jpg
    491 KB · Views: 27

clagmonster

Established Member
The wgons are either modern p-way or look ancient, which suggests this is either a pway yard or a lucky shot in a general marshalling yard. The livery of the gronk suggests it is privately owned, ie not EWS or Freightliner. March Whitemoor?

Wath Yard

No and no. It really is a difficult one so I'll give a couple of clues:

It is no longer exists
It was only intended to be temporary but while it lasted was one of the busiest freight locations in the country.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
The wgons are either modern p-way or look ancient, which suggests this is either a pway yard or a lucky shot in a general marshalling yard. The livery of the gronk suggests it is privately owned, ie not EWS or Freightliner. March Whitemoor?

Along the right lines with the wagons, however it isn't the age of the non-ballast wagon that might be a clue - more where it originates.

GNERman

Established Member
Forgotten the name of it...

Yard just south of Doncaster Station, Decoy??? Opposite DBS' sheds and Wood Yard, north of Donny Mail Depot...

ole man

That's very difficult how bout a clue?..A silly guess to start erm....Dorridge

Status
Not open for further replies.