• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GWR Class 143 withdrawals

Status
Not open for further replies.

PHILIPE

Veteran Member
143611, 143620 and 143621 currently being moved by road from Landore to Sims Newport over three days

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Apedlar12

I’ve seen reports the three GWR franchise asset units 617/8/9 are sold to the West Somerset Railway, anyone heard more on this?
Was about to post the same thing as I was also wondering if there was any confirmation of this.

Great news if so!
Yep fully agree move most of the seats into bays of 4 little cup tables and good to go, the 115 at Minehead is not in the best condition, hopefully keep a look out for a 144 centre car to make a three car, yeah i see no downsides

RPI

Established Member
If the WSR has bought them, could they potentially be used on Taunton to Bishops Lydeard shuttles?

PHILIPE

Veteran Member
Was about to post the same thing as I was also wondering if there was any confirmation of this.

This is third hand via FB that a 143 vehicle was seen travelling by road on possibly Thursday at Bishops Lydeard. The poster wasn't certain of the facts and didn't know the number.

Ashley Hill

Established Member
Yep fully agree move most of the seats into bays of 4 little cup tables and good to go, the 115 at Minehead is not in the best condition, hopefully keep a look out for a 144 centre car to make a three car, yeah i see no downsides
The WSR don't seem to have a good record with DMUs having broken several up. Will the same happen with the 143s? Are they seen as a cheap replacement for the DMUs to use until worn out and be replaced by sprinters in years to come?

Apedlar12

According to a post on WNXX recently, all three of the remaining 143s (143617/618/619) are still at SPM and occasionally have their engines turned on.

Status
Not open for further replies.