• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GWR Class 165/166 Turbo Diagrams

LUYMun

Hazarding a guess, as the North Downs Line is closed all this week, freeing up a fair number of 165s, are they being put onto Paddington diagrams to enable more work to be done on the 800 fleet?
If anything, the North Downs closing should free up more 165s to form multiple sets for IET subs! :lol:

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Benjwri

Established Member
So if the North Downs wasn’t shut there would have been quite a few more short forms this week!
Although to be fair we don’t know the full situation. There’s quite a backlog of Class 800 maintenance. Perhaps GWR and Hitachi are taking the extra availability to get on top of it.

Murray J

The 1P18 07:54 Oxford-Paddington is showing as operated as 165107+165104 tomorrow. Surprised it's come up this early but none others coming up yet.

Anonymous10

Established Member
The 1P18 07:54 Oxford-Paddington is showing as operated as 165107+165104 tomorrow. Surprised it's come up this early but none others coming up yet.
Might be down to it finishing at Oxford?

Benjwri

Established Member
Yeah the diagrams that originate from Oxford Carriage Sidings tend to appear earliest, presumably they don't have to wait for a list of available units from a depot, so it makes it easier

Murray J

Yeah the diagrams that originate from Oxford Carriage Sidings tend to appear earliest, presumably they don't have to wait for a list of available units from a depot, so it makes it easier
Mmm that makes sense.
In RTT it seems to head to North Pole as 5P18 but I'm assuming that'll change as it isn't an IET?

Benjwri

Established Member
Mmm that makes sense.
In RTT it seems to head to North Pole as 5P18 but I'm assuming that'll change as it isn't an IET?
It most definitely won't go to North Pole, it'll probably be swapped onto another diagram or be run ECS somewhere

Benjwri

Established Member
Mmm thought as much, not an expert on GWR depot stuff but it would've been odd.
Yeah North Pole, Stoke Gifford and Swansea are Hitachi, so nothing but IETs will go there.

Everything is allocated now, all IETs so I would assume they'll run somewhere ECS. There is also an unallocated Great Malvern service (1W39, 1348), so they could get shoved somewhere and used on that, but I'd really hope GWR wouldn't do that.

Murray J

Yeah North Pole, Stoke Gifford and Swansea are Hitachi, so nothing but IETs will go there.
Indeed.
Looks like it's ended up operating this, 09:30 1R18 Paddington-Reading as a VSTP path? Doesn't have unit allocation on it though.

Benjwri

Established Member
Indeed.
Looks like it's ended up operating this, 09:30 1R18 Paddington-Reading as a VSTP path? Doesn't have unit allocation on it though.
Yeah I believe it was mean to operate 5R18 but it turned into a passenger service. Presumably trying to alleviate some of the chaos from lines further down being flooded, good on GWR.

DailyCommuter

165113 + 111 have also been working on Paddington - Oxford services this afternoon too e.g.