• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GWR compulsory reservations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fyldeboy

I have an Advanced Single (well, a pair, I want to come home) booked through TrainPal. I understand reservations are necessary even though the Advanced Singles are for specific trains?
My e-ticket shows Seat * Coach * and I can find no way of reserving seats on GWRs website.
Trainpal's customer service response was an automated response saying that maybe GWR can help me.

Am I likely to have difficulties with my ticket for Seat * Coach *

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mag_seven

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
All GWR IET trains are using a "counted place" system of seat reservations at the moment with no actual seat reservations applied on trains. When you join you should just choose a suitable vacant seat although conductors are requesting you use a window seat to enable social distancing.

Dibbo4025

I have an Advanced Single (well, a pair, I want to come home) booked through TrainPal. I understand reservations are necessary even though the Advanced Singles are for specific trains?
My e-ticket shows Seat * Coach * and I can find no way of reserving seats on GWRs website.
Trainpal's customer service response was an automated response saying that maybe GWR can help me.

Am I likely to have difficulties with my ticket for Seat * Coach *
No, that is in fact a reservation. GWR aren't offering seat reservations currently but instead what are called counted place reservations, giving you a space on the train but not an allocated seat. These reservations show up as you've described

T-Karmel

I found this on their website:

Make a reservation
We’re limiting the number of spaces available on our trains. So, reserve a space where you can. We’ll confirm the service you’re on but won’t give you a seat number. This will enable customers to spread themselves out once on board.

Status
Not open for further replies.