• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GWR DMI Plymouth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

irish_rail

Established Member
Also bare in mind the training that had restarted may be grounding to a halt due to quite a few positive covid cases within instructor trainee bubbles, there is a lot of pressure to put a stop to all but the most essential training . I beleive the classroom training may still be continuing but with such a backlog and no prospect of handling, can see things moving pretty slow. Hang in there, you will get where you want to be eventually, maybe just not as quickly as you'd like.

jacey

Hi all. I have had invitation for Nov zoom interview but missed it, got re invited for another one just before Xmas. 2 weeks later got email that successful. Now is waiting tome
Well done mate congratulations and well deserved. A fair few of us now in the Plymouth pool i wonder if its now complete. Fingers crossed things get moving once the majority have ben vaccinated.

tiptoptaff

Established Member
Also bare in mind the training that had restarted may be grounding to a halt due to quite a few positive covid cases within instructor trainee bubbles, there is a lot of pressure to put a stop to all but the most essential training . I beleive the classroom training may still be continuing but with such a backlog and no prospect of handling, can see things moving pretty slow. Hang in there, you will get where you want to be eventually, maybe just not as quickly as you'd like.
Not every single trainee/DI bubble got Covid. Trainees have not caused a rampant spread of Covid through the business. Funny how the worst affected is the most workshy depot in the entire world (yes, your lot.) Especially convenient the Plymouth outbreak was right before Christ,as. Its like you lot think we haven't seen it before with your lazy depot.

Perhaps stop blaming us for the actions of other staff, who were the ones overcrowding messrooms.

Stigy

Established Member
That’s not why training has be brought to a halt at all. At least get your facts right before posting please.

I don’t recall of any such cases within bubbles to be honest. Please don’t spread railway rumours, they don’t help anybody.

dctraindriver

Not every single trainee/DI bubble got Covid. Trainees have not caused a rampant spread of Covid through the business. Funny how the worst affected is the most workshy depot in the entire world (yes, your lot.) Especially convenient the Plymouth outbreak was right before Christ,as. Its like you lot think we haven't seen it before with your lazy depot.

Perhaps stop blaming us for the actions of other staff, who were the ones overcrowding messrooms.

You really believe that your colleagues would make that up? That’s just rumour surely?

irish_rail

Established Member
That’s not why training has be brought to a halt at all. At least get your facts right before posting please.

I don’t recall of any such cases within bubbles to be honest. Please don’t spread railway rumours, they don’t help anybody.
I can confirm there are several such cases in bubbles down here in past month. Not a rumour at all. Confirmed cases

Stigy

Established Member
I can confirm there are several such cases in bubbles down here in past month. Not a rumour at all. Confirmed cases
That doesn’t detract from the fact that that’s not at all why the training has once again been halted.

It’s strange how this hasn’t been relayed to the rest of the company. Unless it’s official, I’d be careful of sharing such information as it’s frankly misleading.

tiptoptaff

Established Member
You really believe that your colleagues would make that up? That’s just rumour surely?
Driver Divisional Counsel have given the reasons for suspending training. None of them are due to positive cases in trainee bubbles.

genziu8181

Come one guys. You are all lucky to be in or on training already. Why to argue what is the reason for delay training? It is slower than usual and it will take time. Hope that everyone from pool will get on training one day(including me).

jim2803

My objective is to work in Plymouth eventually however I'm waiting for my chance at Waterloo/Wimbledon, completed my DMI in March of last year and still awaiting my MMI now. Good luck to all those going for it and hope to see some of you there in a few years time.

How often does the trainee role for Plymouth get advertised as it never seems to come up on my alerts with firstgorup, any tips for getting in the queue there would be fantastic.

tiptoptaff

Established Member
My objective is to work in Plymouth eventually however I'm waiting for my chance at Waterloo/Wimbledon, completed my DMI in March of last year and still awaiting my MMI now. Good luck to all those going for it and hope to see some of you there in a few years time.

How often does the trainee role for Plymouth get advertised as it never seems to come up on my alerts with firstgorup, any tips for getting in the queue there would be fantastic.
You'd be better off coming over as a qualified driver if you get in at SWR. Plymouth doesn't come up often and going forward will be depot driver grade entry at trainee level

jim2803

You'd be better off coming over as a qualified driver if you get in at SWR. Plymouth doesn't come up often and going forward will be depot driver grade entry at trainee level
That was my current plan so at least I'm doing something right. Cheers

genziu8181

Hi.
If I applied for Plymouth and get into the pool can I switch somewhere else if there is better chance to be pull out of the pool or I need to stick to this one.

Stigy

Established Member
Hi.
If I applied for Plymouth and get into the pool can I switch somewhere else if there is better chance to be pull out of the pool or I need to stick to this one.
You’d need to remain in the pool for where you applied, or reapply.

tiptoptaff

Established Member
Hi.

You’d need to remain in the pool for where you applied, or reapply.
Stigy is sort of correct. You can ask to move pools, but to do so you'd need to retake a DMI at the new depot. If you passed it, you'd move pools. If you failed, you'd be out of both.

DWR

Hi.
I switched from Exeter TP to Plymouth TP after completing the initial assessment. I just emailed First Group HR. Not sure if it's possible later in the process.

jim2803

Heya Jim, I’m waiting for my MMI for Waterloo too, having passed my DMI last February. Have you had any further contact since your dmi?
No nothing off HR since then, i conducted my DMI in march, so could a good chance we could end up on the same course, whenever that may be.

Coolseed

Hi all. I have seen few people have passed their DMI-congratulations. I have my DMI zoom interview coming up this month. Any tips what to prepare for it-tracks, company information etc. Maybe someone remember some questions? I have missed last time invitation and I got my second chance to book slot
Hi genziu8181, I hope this went well for you. Would you like to share your experience, please?

Status
Not open for further replies.