• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GWR operating short 'HSTGTi' sets (see diagrams section for workings)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CptCharlee

What are the actual routes these will operate... Is it strictly only...Cardiff to Taunton And Plymouth to Penzance?

I heard talk of them operating Plymouth to Bristol services and that's why they routed most of the PLY/PNZ to PAD services via Westbury in the new timetable. Also talk of the Penzance/Plymouth could extend to Exeter St David's

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Clarence Yard

Established Member
What are the actual routes these will operate... Is it strictly only...Cardiff to Taunton And Plymouth to Penzance?

I heard talk of them operating Plymouth to Bristol services and that's why they routed most of the PLY/PNZ to PAD services via Westbury in the new timetable. Also talk of the Penzance/Plymouth could extend to Exeter St David's

No - it is varies. There are even 4 trips that are currently planned to go the full distance between Bristol and Penzance (or the reverse).

richw

Veteran Member

I’m not sure whether it happened in the end, as haven’t seen the timetables recently, but there was consultations some time last year that XC would be the main operator between Exeter and Bristol.

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
I’m not sure whether it happened in the end, as haven’t seen the timetables recently, but there was consultations some time last year that XC would be the main operator between Exeter and Bristol.
Yes, this was implied from the XC consultation, P10:
The extension of our current hourly Manchester to Bristol service group onwards to Exeter is not only intended to increase the number of direct trains between Exeter and Bristol each day, it is also intended to allow passengers to use these services to connect into other operators trains at Taunton, Tiverton Parkway or Exeter so that there are more opportunities each day to reach destinations west of Exeter from Bristol, the West Midlands, the Potteries and Manchester with only one change of trains.
https://www.crosscountrytrains.co.u...ry-future-timetable-consultation-document.pdf

On Moderation
160 crashed at Plymouth.

I think 164 had the fire at Exeter.
164 is assigned to be part of the ScotRail fleet.

43160 is a Porterbrook power car. The retained GWR sets are to be powered by the 12 First owned and 12 Angel power cars.

Envoy

Established Member
Are these mini HST’s going to operate the Cardiff > Taunton/Plymouth/Penzance services and the turbos that have recently appeared on this route go to the Portsmouth route once more are available following electrification to Newbury?

irish_rail

Established Member
I note I am diagrammed to drive a 255 set (as it is referred to on the schedule card) next week, does this mean they are going to have a 2 +4 set in service from next week (presumably with slam doors) or will a 150 likely turn up????

Master29

Established Member
I`ve already noticed the 2+4 HST sets stopping points on platforms in Cornwall. They`ve been there for a while now.

D1009

Established Member
If I may refer you to post #368, the first set is due to leave on February the 27th (in 4 days); whether it will is another matter.
Are they going to send power cars to collect the modified coaches from Doncaster, or will it be a loco hauled job?

CptCharlee

Are they having refurbished interiors?
Quite looking forward to the Penzance to Plymouth half hourly stopper beginning, will be breath of fresh air.
It's nice such a good train is finding a way to survive in a new role.

theblackwatch

Established Member
If I may refer you to post #368, the first set is due to leave on February the 27th (in 4 days); whether it will is another matter.

Well it looks like, unsurprisingly, this hasn't happened - although I may have to eat my words if something appears in the next few hours... :lol:

dmncf

Well it looks like, unsurprisingly, this hasn't happened - although I may have to eat my words if something appears in the next few hours... :lol:

I'm confident that during the next five and a half hours we'll see photos of the power door coaches being hauled through the snow back to Great Western territory from Doncaster by a shiny green Class 43, newly-adorned with 'Beast from the East' nameplates!

83G/84D

Established Member
I have been in Doncaster since late afternoon. There is nothing visible outside the works from the multi storey car park. I will check again over the next couple of days.

Status
Not open for further replies.