• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GWR Reduced Timetable 26 July

Status
Not open for further replies.

Annetts key

Established Member
I run a bus and coach company, must of our drivers are off throughput the summer period as they are pro ratio, perhaps it’s something government should think more about with these branch lines, if the buses can cope this summer covering for trains, could be a long term possibility for permanently being buses

on note of spare capacity I would have thought railways would too as the demand on peak hour travel has drastically reduced
A lot of train operators are now running a near normal or normal timetable. But even when they were not, stock, driver and on train crew still had to be in the right place for the next service. The driver and on train crew don’t always stay on the same train for the whole journey.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

WelshBluebird

Established Member
All these journeys reinstated I believe, but there have still been some daily cancellations.
Based on travelling around a little over the last week or so I'm seeing a lot of short finishes / starts (e.g. Cardiff to Taunton services being capped / started at Temple Meads as an example) but not many full cancellations. But that is just my experience around Cardiff / Bristol.

Annetts key

Established Member
There is a special timetable in operation around Bristol Temple Meads due to the Bristol East Junction project, plus GWR have some staff shortages due to COVID19.

Status
Not open for further replies.