• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GWR service delivery assistant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony43

Hi all does anyone know what the salary is for above position, advert doesn't say thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Tony43

That s what I was thinking it would be ,also any info on what the job actually entails would be great

Numbnuts846

About the job:

Are you passionate about customer service and delivering a world class customer experience? You'll take responsibility for the safe dispatch of our trains, in and out of busy platforms.

Join the team as a Service Delivery Assistant and you'll be at the heart of our world class customer service - keeping customers informed about any service disruption, helping them with any questions and queries, all-in-all playing an integral part in our station team and smooth-running operation.

You'll already have exceptional customer service and communication skills, with the ability to make decisions within rules and regulations, working both independently and as part of a team.

With a flexible approach, you'll be willing to work shifts including weekends and bank holidays. Your starting and finishing times may be at times when public transport is not available so you must be able to get to and from the station without relying on this.

Your main responsibilities will be:

Providing the highest levels of customer service and be dedicated to customer needs.
Ensuring the safe and punctual departure of trains from the station and following correct dispatch procedures.
Providing helpful information and assistance to customers.
Ensuring the safety of customers, colleagues, visitors and contractors will be given the highest priority.
Ensuring the cleanliness of the station, especially toilets, waiting rooms, platforms, stairs and subways.
Liaising with other key GWR departments to ensure accurate and timely customer information, especially in times of disruption.
Your strong visibility within the station will help maintain customer security.

You'll need to be:

Able to deliver extraordinary front-line customer service.
A self-starter with a can-do attitude.
Able to make decisions in a confident manner.
Able to remain calm yet confident and customer focussed in a crisis.
Comfortable working within strict procedures

As a minimum you'll need to have:

The ability to work as part of a team or independently.
Evidence of numerical ability.
Strong verbal and written communication skills

Tony43

Cheers I did read all that on advert was just looking for anyone who actually does it for a more realistic answer to the job rather than the hr blurb, sorry if I wasn't too clear

MiNi

Cheers I did read all that on advert was just looking for anyone who actually does it for a more realistic answer to the job rather than the hr blurb, sorry if I wasn't too clear
In a nutshell:; be on time every shift,have good customer service skills,be flexible,learn how to dispatch trains safely,can work alone or in a team & can read & write.

pompeyfan

Established Member
Is it an RO2 in old money? Are Sunday’s inside or outside for this role? Just curious.

Numbnuts846

I did the job from 1999-2005 covering sda and the sds roles which included ticket office sales as well , Sunday’s are outside the working week when I did the role , loved my time on the platforms and have many happy memories from my time

Status
Not open for further replies.