• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Halloween children visits in costume this year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

scotrail158713

Established Member
I suppose it’ll be a bit of a sign of what to expect at Christmas. Will people do things as normal or will they take heed of any restrictions?

adc82140

Established Member
We'll be going to the pumpkin farm this weekend as usual, but they'll get carved at home this year rather than at a party. I'm ambivalent to trick or treat anyway, so I won't miss that.

What will be interesting is how many more firework injuries there will be, because the public displays are off.

Ianno87

Veteran Member
What will be interesting is how many more firework injuries there will be, because the public displays are off.

Normally I'd have heard/seen a few fireworks by now - Hallowfawkesmas season is usually up and running by this point.

DelayRepay

Established Member
I do not think Trick or Treating would be appropriate in the current circumstances. Although I am very pleased that in the village where I live now, they only tend to call at houses with a pumpkin on display which means those who don't want to be involved can easily avoid it.

Most parents I know are planning on doing something at home instead, or planning a walk to see the decorations but without the door knocking.

As it falls on a Saturday I wonder how many teenagers/youngish adults will have Haloween parties at home that weekend, given the restrictions on pubs? I expect there will be quite a few...

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
This is our first year of living in an area that is not as deeply rural as where we lived from 2004 to the start of this year where the nearest houses were nearly a mile away and we had farms on both sides of our residence then.

There are children near to where we now live, but this year, the parents who I understand normally call with their children on such a night, all with Halloween costumes, etc, all abided by the advice to hold their celebrations at home.

C J Snarzell

Established Member
I had a chat with the woman who runs my local Spar on Saturday and she has said she has only sold half the Halloween stock she has got in which is stuff like chocolate, sweets and novelty face masks, plastic toys.

Luckily, she forecasted it was going to be a washout this year, so she ordered less stock this time round, but she has said there is still alot of unsold stuff she is unlikely to get rid of. I suppose, anything costume related can be packed away until next year, although at this rate we'll still be subject to Covid restrictions.

CJ

Status
Not open for further replies.