• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Hanson & Hall/Branch Line Society 'Thanet Thunderer' Class 50 railtour on 31st July

Status
Not open for further replies.

ExRes

Established Member
****** TICKET PRICING ******

Prices for this tour are now available on the Branch Line Society website

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

JonathanH

Veteran Member
Given the speed at which tonight's release of tickets for a BLS tour have gone, with the reduced loadings, it would appear that prompt booking at 7pm tomorrow may be essential.

AnthonyRail

Established Member
1hr to go..... and can't find me wallet :(

What's special about Dumpton Park, that's there's a photo stop on return?

Extra £44 for not being a member, shame that's me out. Nearly half of ticket price.

Last edited:

43 302

Established Member
1hr to go..... and can't find me wallet :(

What's special about Dumpton Park, that's there's a photo stop on return?

Extra £44 for not being a member, shame that's me out. Nearly half of ticket price.
Is it £44 more? I just bought two tickets for £184 each, one member one not.

JonathanH

Veteran Member
It only costs £12 to become a member. The non-member surcharge used to generally be £12 (although it could be something different here - not looked).

AnthonyRail

Established Member
Oh naff, I mistakly read the bit under 18s surcharge £44 .
And sold out in 20 mins. :(

JammyJames08

After arriving at Margate, would the stock run ECS to Ramsgate for servicing? (Toilets tanked up, water replenished) etc? The advertised 2 hours should be enough.

43 302

Established Member

JonathanH

Veteran Member
Does the service go via Tonbridge? I'm presuming so...
Yes, it must do as it goes via Sevenoaks and Canterbury West - the timings below also posted in post number 7.

East Midlands Parkway (PU 06.30) - Leicester (PU 06.50) - Kettering (PU 07.15) - Bedford (PU 07.35) - Bletchley - Kensington Olympia - Herne Hill - Sevenoaks - Canterbury West (SD 11.30) - Broadstairs (SD 11.55) - Margate (Break 12.00 - 14.00) - Broadstairs (PU 14.05) - Minster (RM) - Deal - Dover Priory (RM) - Canterbury East (PU 15.30) - Rochester - Dartford - Bramdean Sidings (Grove Park) (RM/RR) - Hither Green - Clapham Junction - Kew East Jn - Dudding Hill Jn - Brent Curve Jn - Bedford (SD 20.30) - Kettering (SD 21.00) - Manton Jn - Syston South Jn - Leicester (SD / RM 22.00) - East Midlands Parkway (SD 22.40)

JonathanH

Veteran Member
It’s been known in the past….
The class 50 column does appear to be 'missing' in the Sectional Appendix but not much appears to be restricted in Thanet. Are you hinting that a show stopper has been identified?

zwk500

Veteran Member
The class 50 column does appear to be 'missing' in the Sectional Appendix but not much appears to be restricted in Thanet. Are you hinting that a show stopper has been identified?
Why would 50s be shown in the Appendix? Have they ever worked service trains that way?

Trains can be cleared under temporary arrangements that last 12 months before needing to be reassessed. The paperwork can often take quite a while to come back, so no clearance yet doesn't mean anything.
As the old saying goes, never say never, but I'd have thought that the Branch Line Society of all groups would know if a loco was passed for its intended itinerary
It's absolutely happened before and can be a real pain to resolve.

Darandio

Established Member
hi
I'm looking forward to the rail tour at the end of the month but does any one have any idea what livery 50008 will be in

It's current Hanson & Hall livery i'd have thought, it was only repainted 10 weeks ago.

43 302

Established Member
50007 I'm hearing for the other loco. Not 50026 as rumours led me to believe.

ExRes

Established Member
Still a few 1st class dining and non dining tables available according to the BLS website, as for locos a photo appeared on Flickr yesterday of two EMR liveried H&H/RA power cars, 50026 and 50008 in a line at Eastleigh, relevant or a coincidence I know not

43 302

Established Member
Still a few 1st class dining and non dining tables available according to the BLS website, as for locos a photo appeared on Flickr yesterday of two EMR liveried H&H/RA power cars, 50026 and 50008 in a line at Eastleigh, relevant or a coincidence I know not
Multiple working tests between 008 + 026 should take place over the next few days.

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Multiple working tests between 008 + 026 should take place over the next few days.

If it is 50026 is this the first time it’s been out on the mainline earning money since it was restored?

Status
Not open for further replies.