• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Haynes HST manual

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chriso

My local Works bookshop have just had this come in to stock today for £7. The rrp is £25 so a great saving

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

swanhill41

Suggested is £25,Works always sell @around that figure,£7 ish pounds....Applies to all Haynes manuals....Seems to be the area that Haynes are majoring on at present

AnthonyRail

Established Member
Never knew that they did one ofvthese for HST. Cheers thats a birthday present sorted

DB

It is good, but could be titled better - would be more appropriate as 'Class 43 HST power car', as it concentrates pretty much excludively on the power cars.

birchesgreen

Established Member
It is good, but could be titled better - would be more appropriate as 'Class 43 HST power car', as it concentrates pretty much excludively on the power cars.

I feel the Haynes books are aimed more at the casual interest than hard core enthusiast market. Calling the book Intercity 125 will mean a lot more to that market.

DB

I feel the Haynes books are aimed more at the casual interest than hard core enthusiast market. Calling the book Intercity 125 will mean a lot more to that market.

Well, Intercity 125 Power Car then!

DB

That would have probably worked but i think people knew what the book was about.

But that's the point - it's not clear! I was surprised when I first saw it that it was pretty much exclusively about the power cars.

birchesgreen

Established Member
I doubt most people who see the book on the shelves in The Works (where lets face it most copies will have been sold) have a problem with the title, lets not over complicate things...

Status
Not open for further replies.