• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Heathrow Express Staff Travel Arrangements for First Group Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.

nick80

Hi all,

I am employed by a First Group TOC (not GWR), and I hold both the First Group card and the priv card.

I thought I previously read that First Group rail staff get free travel on Heathrow Express. However, I cannot locate where I read this information from.

Can anybody in the know confirm what ticketing arrangements exist for First Group TOC staff on Heathrow Express.

Many thanks in advance.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Watershed

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Unfortunately this is not the case. If you book a long time in advance, HEx sell tickets which start at £5.50. But otherwise, it's just the usual Priv discount.

sonic2009

Established Member
Unfortunately this is not the case. If you book a long time in advance, HEx sell tickets which start at £5.50. But otherwise, it's just the usual Priv discount.

What would the fare be for a Priv holder? I'm not one myself just curious is there a saving over advance for flexibility?

Haywain

Veteran Member
So better for anyone with PRIV to just use the extra flexibility for 75p extra over the HEX advances.
Not necessarily - the HEx Advances are for a specific day rather than a specific train, so there is still a good amount of flexibility.

T-Karmel

But as I found out you have to book 90 days out
Exactly, so having a Priv it's just better to buy it on the day. Cause what if your flight gets cancelled and you're travelling the following day or from different airport - your advance bought 3 months ago not going to be refunded by anyone.

Priv prices quoted by Haywain are correct, return is valid for a month.

FirstGroup employees do not get free travel on HEX, however GWR staff do - with their staff pass rather than a FirstGroup boxes.

Status
Not open for further replies.