• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Help answering questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

PK96

Hello everyone,

Need some help.
I always get stuck on question during applications.
Not only for trainee train driver but for all other applications I've done in the past.

Any suggestions or ways of getting around?

E.g.
- Trainee Driver -
Briefly describe your motivations for applying for this role?

How would you answer this?

Thank you in advance

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

GB

Established Member
Job security and/or job stability would be an answer. Avoid saying you like trains or want the big pay packet.

PK96

Job security and/or job stability would be an answer. Avoid saying you like trains or want the big pay packet.
Who doesn't love the mighty big pay packet.

Believe it or not, but that's definitely something which hasn't crossed my mind to write about the job security and that's quite vital. Damn... I need to improve in this sector! Questions always put me on edge

Established Member

This.

I’d also make clear through your answer that you understand the job involves shift work and explain why this appeals to you.

REO Nate

There is absolutely nothing wrong with mentioning the pay; I did when I applied.

How you word it is obviously critical though.

Status
Not open for further replies.