• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Hertfordshire cycle/ walking survey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Egg Centric

I live very close to the Wiggenhall Road "improvement". It might work well for cyclists accessing the Ebury way but for the journeys I do the initial contra flow cycle lane has just narrowed the road and significantly increased the number of dangerously close overtakes I am subjected to. This is going to make it even worse.

There was absolutely nothing wrong with the layout that was there before, all they had to do was turn the bridge pavement into shared use - it was wide enough already!

I really wish they would spend the money on fixing potholes and increasing the sensitivity of detectors at traffic lights instead.

Andrew1395

I live very close to the Wiggenhall Road "improvement". It might work well for cyclists accessing the Ebury way but for the journeys I do the initial contra flow cycle lane has just narrowed the road and significantly increased the number of dangerously close overtakes I am subjected to. This is going to make it even worse.

There was absolutely nothing wrong with the layout that was there before, all they had to do was turn the bridge pavement into shared use - it was wide enough already!

I really wish they would spend the money on fixing potholes and increasing the sensitivity of detectors at traffic lights instead.
Or even thought about it when they built the hospital link road. No way to get to all that new development from the Ebury way - which is odd to me.

If they really want to do something. Sort out cycle routes from Bushey Station toward Bushey (and all those secondary schools), and the horrible cycling experience of that gyratory.

In effect all they doing is widening the pavement, like the section of Lower High street in front of B&Q - the bit cyclists rarely use because it’s marooned at birth ends

Status
Not open for further replies.