• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Highclere Castle July 23rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

davews

This is another one I sort of 'missed':

Was walking home after a shopping trip in Bracknell and thought 'that doesn't sound like a normal train'. Looked up and saw it through the trees as it had just passed through Martins Heron. Didn't see what was pulling it but no sign of smoke. Looks like they drop the passengers off at Newbury than park at Hungerford for the day. Maybe earmark a spotting trip later on when it returns.

Nearly £600 for a return to Newbury, another class...

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

MiNi

This is another one I sort of 'missed':

Was walking home after a shopping trip in Bracknell and thought 'that doesn't sound like a normal train'. Looked up and saw it through the trees as it had just passed through Martins Heron. Didn't see what was pulling it but no sign of smoke. Looks like they drop the passengers off at Newbury than park at Hungerford for the day. Maybe earmark a spotting trip later on when it returns.

2 x 67's normally work the Belmond charters.

DarloRich

Veteran Member
It is The Bellmond British Pullman - they aren't seeking to attract enthusiasts or puffer buffers. They want high end people with discerning taste and wallets to match. They aren't going to be inviting me on board any time soon!

Last edited:

davews

Return trip
Different route, pick them up at Andover, no chance of another view at Martins Heron.

Yes, does seem to the the top elite set. I imagine Highclere get a nice bit from it as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.