• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Hornby Collector Club Models

Status
Not open for further replies.

STEVIEBOY1

Established Member
A friend of mine who is altering and converting his 00 gauge railway, kindly gave me some of his unwanted models, which was very kind of him. Two are by Collector Club, is there anything extra special about these? they are; R3775 Network Rail 0 4 0 diesel shunter 2019 collector club by Railroad, the other is R2597 Class 0F 0 4 0 ST Queen Elizabeth II 80 Collector club ? Just curious. Thank you.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Peter C

Established Member
As far as I'm aware, there's nothing amazingly special about those models apart from the fact that they could only be obtained through the Hornby Collectors Club (or later eBay and the like, of course). So they are somewhat special, I suppose! The Queen Elizabeth II one sounds more special as it seems to be commemorating something - I assume Her Majesty's 80th birthday?

Hope this helps,

-Peter

STEVIEBOY1

Established Member
As far as I'm aware, there's nothing amazingly special about those models apart from the fact that they could only be obtained through the Hornby Collectors Club (or later eBay and the like, of course). So they are somewhat special, I suppose! The Queen Elizabeth II one sounds more special as it seems to be commemorating something - I assume Her Majesty's 80th birthday?

Hope this helps,

-Peter
Ok, thank you, yes I imagine The Queen Elizabeth II model must have been in relation to her 80th birthday.

Status
Not open for further replies.