• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Hornby R315 Drawbar Short Circuiting

Status
Not open for further replies.

trainmania100

Established Member
I have the R315 Hornby 8F with illuminating firebox, tender drive, but the locomotive seems to short circuit on the drawbar. The drawbar is the original fitting and has always been troublesome.
I recently purchased a new drawbar off of eBay for this specific model, and the issue still persists so can't be a drawbar issue?

Has anyone else expirienced this issue? It's difficult to see what exactly is causing the problem and why, as the blue arcing on the drawbar is difficult to reproduce - ive attached a picture of my tender configuration which seems normal

Attachments

• IMG_20200825_132402.jpg
    IMG_20200825_132402.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 15
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Iskra

Established Member
I've had a recent issue with a Hornby railroad Black 5, which shorts when the tender and loco aren't 100% properly connected. If the pin isn't 100% in the loco part is slightly raised (but not noticeably so visually) which means it stops dead. So possibly just make sure the pin into the tender connection is all the way in and the loco part is fully horizontal.

It might not be as simple as that, but that was my issue after much head scratching!

Status
Not open for further replies.