• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Hot drinks on board in Austria

Status
Not open for further replies.

STEVIEBOY1

Established Member
I was on an IC train in Austria last week. The stewardess was coming through the train with the catering trolley and every time someone wanted a hot drink, she bought out an electric flex/cable and plugged it into power sockets which were located all along the carriages above the seats. I have never seen that before. The tea and coffee was said to be very good by those who bought those beverages. (I Presume the hot drinks on UK train trolleys are made with water from a thermos type device?)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Jordy

Established Member
That's a new one to me as well! You're correct about the hot drinks on UK trolleys, they are effectively made using a large flask of boiling water - I'm not sure about those used now but the large older style ones can be plugged in to heat the water up.

Status
Not open for further replies.