• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

HST Cross Country

Status
Not open for further replies.

lagarr

Hello, my 11 year old son wants to see the HST, he says there is a cross country one that passes through Sheffield (not too far from us), is there a way of seeing when it passes through (he looks at real time trains but he hasn't found anything?
Thanks in advance.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Retorus

The 16:21 (1S49) from Sheffield to Edinburgh looks to be pathed as a HST. I'm sure someone more in the know can confirm whether it's accurate or not.

Tractor37

HST’s southbound Monday to Friday leave Leeds at 06.11 and 09.11 so leave Sheffield about 5 to 7 and 5 to 10. Don’t know about northbound.

Watershed

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Hello, my 11 year old son wants to see the HST, he says there is a cross country one that passes through Sheffield (not too far from us), is there a way of seeing when it passes through (he looks at real time trains but he hasn't found anything?
Thanks in advance.
XC allocations are shown on RTT. Anything showing as 7 coaches is an HST.

There are only a very small number of services that are scheduled for HST operation. Generally they are all Edinburgh/Leeds <-> Plymouth services.

Mitchell Hurd

On Moderation
The 16:21 (1S49) from Sheffield to Edinburgh looks to be pathed as a HST. I'm sure someone more in the know can confirm whether it's accurate or not.

That's not booked for an HST that. Weekdays North of Sheffield it's the 17:21 Edinburgh and 20:21 Leeds.

Saturdays - 17:21 Edinburgh and 21:21 Leeds

Sundays - 19:21 Edinburgh and 23:20ish Leeds

All subject to HST availability and no engineering works of course :) .

Snow1964

Established Member
Apologies but going off topic, but noticed on realtime trains that there is a cross country HST working from Liara to Liara today

The formation of 5Z43 is shown as
  • 43285 + 43301 to Bristol Temple Meads
  • 43301 + 43285 + 43301 + 43285 to Bedminster
  • 43285 + 43301 + 43301 + 43285 to Bristol Temple Meads
  • 43301 + 43285 to Laira T.& R.S.M.D.
Anyone know why the formation changes and shows same vehicle numbers twice. I am guessing it is a test train with just power cars.

ExRes

Established Member
Thanks in advance.

Just for interest if you sign up to the WNXX forum there is a very reliable contributor who enters the XC HST details every day for services the following day, power car numbers, headcodes and departure times and route, the info can be found on the 'Traction' section under 'Cross Country HSTs'

XAM2175

Established Member
Anyone know why the formation changes and shows same vehicle numbers twice. I am guessing it is a test train with just power cars.
The formation being flipped usually occurs where there's a reversal, but the repetition of the numbers will either be a mistake in the original data at some point or an allocation change that RTT hasn't been able to process fully.

Established Member
Apologies but going off topic, but noticed on realtime trains that there is a cross country HST working from Liara to Liara today

The formation of 5Z43 is shown as

I believe it's route learning as the normal route between Bristol and Taunton is going to have an engineering block at some point. The formation is a RTT thing when trains reverse.

uvarvu

I logged in to ask the same question but just found this. I've seen many back to back power cars passing (I'm between Oldfield Park and Bath Spa) over the last few days and wondered what was going on. Route learning makes sense and it's nice to hear the power cars again.

Status
Not open for further replies.