• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

HST's working Summer Saturday Bristol-Weymouth services this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Class 33

Established Member
Are HST's working one of the Bristol-Weymouth morning service and the return evening service on Summer Saturdays this year? If so what times are they running? It's not mentioned on the frequently requested diagrams thread.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

PHILIPE

Veteran Member
Are HST's working one of the Bristol-Weymouth morning service and the return evening service on Summer Saturdays this year? If so what times are they running? It's not mentioned on the frequently requested diagrams thread.

Yes. It is running this year for the last time due to replacement of HSTs and by the 800s. It will not be worked by an HST on June 3rd due to excessive demands on the fleet because of the Champions League final in Cardiff so would appear to be DMUs on that date. I'd have a look at Real Time Trains for timings as they vary during the Summer as a result of Engineering Work.

father_jack

Yes. It is running this year for the last time due to replacement of HSTs and by the 800s. It will not be worked by an HST on June 3rd due to excessive demands on the fleet because of the Champions League final in Cardiff so would appear to be DMUs on that date. I'd have a look at Real Time Trains for timings as they vary during the Summer as a result of Engineering Work.
67's 3rd June ?

455driver

Veteran Member
67's 3rd June ?

Link please?

If its 67s why does it show that it is timed for Sprinters?
Who is driving it?
Where is the stock coming from?

I am aware that the timings dont always relate to what forms the service.

GW43125

Established Member
Link please?

Who is driving it?

All I've been told is "locohauled but we don't yet know by what"

They'll be unit timings anyway, a loco on a short set will (almost) keep to them.

PHILIPE

Veteran Member
Perhaps a clue in so much as the stock off the Marsh is shown in Real Time Trains as Cancelled ruling out units.

PudseyBearHST

Hi.
If I remember reading correctly, the first class is declassified on this service on the HSTs. Is this the case and will it still be the case this year?
Thanks

headshot119

Established Member
Link please?

Who is driving it?

DBS providing drivers, Top and Tail 67s on 11 coaches according to the train planners in Swindon. 6 coaches locked out of use on the run to Weymouth, but all in use on it's later run between Cardiff and Paddington.

I must admit the planning team have got quite creative with the Champions League.

PM me if you want more info buddy.

Parallel

Established Member
DBS providing drivers, Top and Tail 67s on 11 coaches according to the train planners in Swindon. 6 coaches locked out of use on the run to Weymouth, but all in use on it's later run between Cardiff and Paddington.

I must admit the planning team have got quite creative with the Champions League.

PM me if you want more info buddy.

Interesting...! Thanks for this.

Last edited:

Class 33

Established Member
Cheers for the info everyone. If I go down to Weymouth for the day this summer I wound much prefer to go down there and back on an HST for a more comfortable journey really instead of the usual 2 or 3 car DMU which can be crowded and noisy! Rather than specifically going down there and back for a journey on an HST. I got on an HST on a Saturday last year from Yeovil Pen Mill-Bristol Temple Meads, and the Quiet Carriage I was in I practically had all to myself!

A Class 67 there and back though on Saturday 3rd June though. Wow! That is something a bit more special! And I'd really want to get a journey on that there and back that day! But I can't as I'm rostered to work that particular Saturday!

Looks like it will be a pleasant day to go down to Weymouth next Saturday. Sunny and 20C forecast. But Bristol is expected to be hotter at 25C! Hmm.. might wait till later in the summer to go down there!

Last edited:

D1009

Established Member
Looks like it will be a pleasant day to go down to Weymouth next Saturday. Sunny and 20C forecast. But Bristol is expected to be hotter at 25C! Hmm.. might wait till later in the summer to go down there!
Do you trust the weather forecast that far ahead?

Class 33

Established Member
Just out of interest, was it indeed a Class 67 on the 0906 Bristol-Weymouth and 1728 Weymouth-Bristol today? Or was it something else?

Kite159

Veteran Member
Just out of interest, was it indeed a Class 67 on the 0906 Bristol-Weymouth and 1728 Weymouth-Bristol today? Or was it something else?

From a post on WNXX it was 67010 with maybe 67030 on the rear (assuming the Bristol - Weymouth part was TnT to allow it to reverse out of Weymouth)

Class 33

Established Member
Thanks. Sounds like it was amazing. Class 67 to Weymouth and back with ELEVEN coaches! A shame I had to flippin' work today and couldn't make it!

spark001uk

Established Member
I'm assuming the run-round points between pl.1+2 were used once it arrived from Jersey sdg in the evening then?

Wilts Wanderer

Established Member
I'm assuming the run-round points between pl.1+2 were used once it arrived from Jersey sdg in the evening then?

No it propelled to Jersey Sidings and ran round there, before propelling back to the station later in the day. The southbound run was 20 mins late and arrived in platform 3 anyways

spark001uk

Established Member
No it propelled to Jersey Sidings and ran round there, before propelling back to the station later in the day. The southbound run was 20 mins late and arrived in platform 3 anyways

Ah ok thanks. Google maps doesn't show the run-round points towards the northerly end of jersey sidings, but the satellite view does!

Thinking of the crossover in the platforms though, do they/ could they ever still get used?

JN114

Established Member
Ah ok thanks. Google maps doesn't show the run-round points towards the northerly end of jersey sidings, but the satellite view does!

Thinking of the crossover in the platforms though, do they/ could they ever still get used?

Not for an 11 coach train

Status
Not open for further replies.