• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Hull Trains Suspend Services again - now resuming but with redundancies

Status
Not open for further replies.

marty1977

The OP seems to have a real problem with First Group and TPE in particular. A lot of what they post is rumour and unsupported " I got told"
I actually work for said company and nearly everything they post is very wide of the mark.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

2L70

On Moderation
The OP seems to have a real problem with First Group and TPE in particular. A lot of what they post is rumour and unsupported " I got told"
I actually work for said company and nearly everything they post is very wide of the mark.

Well considering TPE stalk social media and forums I’d expect you to say that.

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
I think we're done here. We don't need random First Group conspiracy theories. Sadly HT have had to suspend services for perfectly logical commercial reasons. Once anymore news is available please feel free to report this post and the Forum Staff will consider re-opening the thread.

Moderator note - thread reopened 01/03/21

Last edited by a moderator:

westv

Established Member
Limited services starting again 12/4 but they are losing a quarter of their workforce.

“This has impacted on our workforce and, sadly, it was necessary to make 26 per cent of our colleagues redundant. We have had to make other challenging cost saving decisions to protect the long-term future of the business and safeguard as many roles as possible."

Horizon22

Established Member
Associate Staff
Jobs & Careers
What posts did they cut?

No idea, just the quote from the above link in post #36

"This has impacted on our workforce and, sadly, it was necessary to make 26 per cent of our colleagues redundant. We have had to make other challenging cost saving decisions to protect the long-term future of the business and safeguard as many roles as possible."

If they needed those 26% of colleagues before yet can run 100% of a service without them, that shows that a) they weren't really required and b) gives an insight into what might happen on TOCs once the government stops freely handing out money.

takno

Established Member
No idea, just the quote from the above link in post #36

If they needed those 26% of colleagues before yet can run 100% of a service without them, that shows that a) they weren't really required and b) gives an insight into what might happen on TOCs once the government stops freely handing out money.
Sounds like they probably got rid of the catering staff. They can likely run a full service of trains without them, and aim to take them back on again after the summer when they've got a bit more confidence in the future.

westv

Established Member
Their website says 1st class catering will resume but doesn't say in what guise but there will be no standard class refreshments.

Status
Not open for further replies.