• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

I ask, you answer (New Game!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tom

A - Car sheds
B - Sidings
C - Mainline (or for you people who like gore:

A - Quick painless
B - Slow painful
C - safe)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

T

Tom

Hmm:

OK, here's a brilliant one, at what area of Ealing Common depot (you must name the word that T/Ops refer to it as) is the Museum headshunt?

Met Driver

Established Member
Describe the hand signal you should make to the driver of a LU train if you want him/her to stop the train immediately.

Seth said:
Describe the hand signal you should make to the driver of a LU train if you want him/her to stop the train immediately.

Whilst not wishing to give any answers ( :D ), there are actually several danger signals which would cause a driver to stop the train, so should be reasonably guessable!

Met Driver

Established Member
DistrictDriver said:
Seth said:

Whilst not wishing to give any answers ( :D ), there are actually several danger signals which would cause a driver to stop the train, so should be reasonably guessable!

I was taught on Monday that there is a specific one for getting the driver to stop immediately.

bunnahabhain

Established Member
Yes, both hands in the air above the head.

stop.gif

Like that.

bunnahabhain

Established Member
That is the official way to stop a train and is taught by everybody who will be lineside that that is how you stop a train in an emergency.

It is set down by the HSE that you need a Hand Signal for stop at the bare minimum to operate a railway if there is a situation that arises where a train needs to be stopped.

I can guarantee, if you wear a Hi-Vis vest, and you go to the end of a Platform with a train approaching that is due to go non-stop through, and you do that Hand Signal, it will stop as fast as it can.

Oh and if you do that you'll be arrested ;)

Simming

What about snogging the drivers wife/girlfriend lineside, im suer that we stop the train in no time :lol: ;) :roll: :D

Dave A

Is it one hand up, swing hand in a round motion slowly, above head, below belt or up and down.

:?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :D

Met Driver

Established Member
tubechallenger has just given me the correct answer on MSN, which is:

You wave your arms across your body.

His question is this:

"At King's Cross St Pancras on the Northern Line, what is the signal that controls entry to the Piccadilly Line?"

Julian G

Established Member
Seth said:
tubechallenger gave me has just given me the correct answer on MSN, which is:

You wave your arms across your body.

His question is this:

"At King's Cross St Pancras on the Northern Line, what is the signal that controls entry to the Piccadilly Line?"
shunt signal?

tramboy

Yay! My thanks to "tubeprune" for that one.

Nice simple question now, the Nightstar stock, originally intended for use on European sleepers...

Firstly: where did they spend most of their time in store whilst in Britain?
Finally: Where are they now, with who and trading as what?

Cheers

Dave

T

Tom

As in J8, I thought you meant it was in that style, but no, it is not J8!

Met Driver

Established Member
J8 controls entry onto the King's Cross loop, not the Piccadilly Line itself. The answer is L22

Status
Not open for further replies.