• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

I ask, you answer (New Game!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Julian G

Established Member
tramboy said:
Yay! My thanks to "tubeprune" for that one.

Nice simple question now, the Nightstar stock, originally intended for use on European sleepers...

Firstly: where did they spend most of their time in store whilst in Britain?
Finally: Where are they now, with who and trading as what?

Cheers

Dave
hmm
North Pole Depot?
Crewe waiting for sale?{for class 92}

Overseas/Europe ,Netherlands?

Met Driver

Established Member
Yes, we all know you know the answer, so give the others a chance in future :roll: ;).

tramboy

Just to interrupt...if anyone is interested the answers to the one i posed (where i was close to right!), and to put 1288gaje out of his misery...

1) MOD Kineton in store
2) Canada, with VIA trading as Renaissance sleeping stock

Cheers

Dave

T

Tom

OK... here's the question!!!

How many platforms are there at Amersham, plus, which platforms are used for what?

Met Driver

Established Member
3 Platforms. The one nearest the station building is used by Met & Chiltern trains, the next is used by met trains only, and the furthest is used by chiltern only IIRC.

Met Driver

Established Member
1 is closest to the station building, then 2 then 3?

either that or vice versa

T

Tom

Double post, but completely here is the new question, as Seth can't be bothered to think of one.

The question today is:

What is the Aldgate triangle, and how many trains typically go over it in an hour? And what is it currently holding as a world record?

bunnahabhain

Established Member
It's a Triangle of the District (South), Circle (West) and Hammersmith & City line (North East) with the Metropolitan Line terminating in the centre of the Trangle.

It get's roughly about 45 Trains per hour, including the Metropolitan Line.

And it holds the record for being the Oldest Underground Junction IIRC

T

Tom

Hmm, no guesses? :( Oh well!

Next question then...

How many platforms are there at Wimbledon, and what indicates the first train out?

Met Driver

Established Member
tubechallenger said:
How many platforms are there at Wimbledon, and what indicates the first train out?

Do you mean the LU platforms, NR ones or both?

Coxster

Established Member
2 island platforms (so numbered 1-4). The next train out is indicated by screens just inside the station building. If you mean what indicates it for a driver, the driver presses a button letting someone (dunno who) know that he and his train are ready for departure.

Simming

ill continue this, seeing as its all but dead..

Can you have a signal with 3 aspects, and that the bottom aspect is yellow?

bunnahabhain

Established Member
Yes, it's an Auto-Distant, showing

Yellow
Green
Yellow

I know this cause the GCR has two such examples, on the Up Main at Quorn, and on the Down Main at Quorn, and also a two Aspect signal only showing yellow on the Down Main at Loughborough.

And they are apparently LNER design.

Status
Not open for further replies.