• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

IC246/247 Citadella: Ljubljana-Budapest Déli

Status
Not open for further replies.

HamworthyGoods

Established Member
I noticed that VagonWeb doesn't yet have data for the train's formation in 2022. Most recent data is for 2021 for 246 here and 247 here. I would expect you have a mix of SŽ and MÁV rolling stock in every train.

Once again, it's a tremendous shame this isn't offered as a EuroCity, but there probably isn't enough demand. The lack of catering for the long intercity trip is a shame. It's one of those trains that connects two major cities but then becomes a fairly slow all-stops local train for much of its journey.

The restaurant car was removed a number of years ago by MAV to save some money.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

HamworthyGoods

Established Member
It was there when I last did the train in 2016 and we were it's only customers in the couple of hours we were on. Believe it didn't see the year out?

I want to say 2016 was probably it’s final year, it could have its moments but generally patronage was very low.

Established Member
Digressing a bit, please could you tell me which app gives loco information for any train in Hungary? Have used MAV mapper website but a bit cumbersome.
It's the official MÁV app called "Vonatinfó" (for Android, suspect the same applies for IPhone).

You can either choose a station off the menu (top left of screen), select a train off the list, touch the train icon in the bottom right and swipe left twice to get the full UIC loco number or just input the train number, if known, using "trains" on the menu and swipe left twice as well.

Note that the loco will only show whilst the train is actually running, it won't show in advance or after the train has terminated.

Can also recommend Vonatinfó for purchasing tickets, will do FIP (if you have it) and can also be used to purchase IC supplements for Interrail. (Also handy for checking if any particular train does need a supplement if you are unsure)

StephenHunter

Established Member
I noticed that VagonWeb doesn't yet have data for the train's formation in 2022. Most recent data is for 2021 for 246 here and 247 here. I would expect you have a mix of SŽ and MÁV rolling stock in every train.
VagonWEB are only doing Norway, Croatia and Austria this year due to concerns about accuracy elsewhere. They link to the MÁV site, but it pales in comparison.

Richard Scott

Established Member
It's the official MÁV app called "Vonatinfó" (for Android, suspect the same applies for IPhone).

You can either choose a station off the menu (top left of screen), select a train off the list, touch the train icon in the bottom right and swipe left twice to get the full UIC loco number or just input the train number, if known, using "trains" on the menu and swipe left twice as well.

Note that the loco will only show whilst the train is actually running, it won't show in advance or after the train has terminated.

Can also recommend Vonatinfó for purchasing tickets, will do FIP (if you have it) and can also be used to purchase IC supplements for Interrail. (Also handy for checking if any particular train does need a supplement if you are unsure)
That's great thanks.

The MAV Start app gives the info, but it is a bit buried. Click on map and it brings up services as a green dot: if you then tap the dot you get the train running info. There's then a train icon with an (i) to the right of the service ID which gives more information on the services (see screenshots below); if you then tap "Specifications" you get the full EVN for the loco/unit (in the example below it's GySEV Vectron 471001).
View attachment 112791View attachment 112792

Personally I use the web version at https://iemig.mav-trakcio.hu/ as it shows vehicles that are outside Hungary (which the MAV Start app doesn't); for example the MAV Taurus locos used on the Vienna FJB to Gmünd workings.
Thanks, have used this one but found it data hungry and quite slow on a mobile.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.