• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

If you fail on just MMI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lemtrac8

Hi all, anyone know if you fail on just the MMI, can you take the parts you've passed to a different TOC and just do the MMI again through them?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Comfy

It depends on the toc. Some insist you do them all again but I think once you've passed the others then you shouldn't have any bother passing them again.

Leospinks

sorry to hear that you failed the mmi did they give you any feedback as to why you failed it.. From what I've read in these forums so far is that you'd have to apply again after 6 months but you'd go through straight to the mmi as you've passed all the other tests. All the tests are logged nationally so whichever toc u try for will know you've passed all the other tests..

Lemtrac8

Don't know for sure. But was all over the place during MMI. Passed everything else. Waiting to hear about MMI result

Stigy

Established Member
90% of the time you will just be asked to retake the parts of the psychometric process you failed, so in your case the MMI. As has been said though, there have been instances of companies insisting you retake them all. It’s a risky business, so I guess if asked retake all of them again, it’s worth weighing up the pros and cons, because I’d you then fail, you’re back to square one, although you should still only be one life down unless you fail the MMI again.

baz962

Established Member
90% of the time you will just be asked to retake the parts of the psychometric process you failed, so in your case the MMI. As has been said though, there have been instances of companies insisting you retake them all. It’s a risky business, so I guess if asked retake all of them again, it’s worth weighing up the pros and cons, because I’d you then fail, you’re back to square one, although you should still only be one life down unless you fail the MMI again.
If the op re took the psychometrics and failed , surely that's it. If they failed the mmi this time , that's a life with one remaining.

Stigy

Established Member
If the op re took the psychometrics and failed , surely that's it. If they failed the mmi this time , that's a life with one remaining.
If the OP has taken and failed the MMI, that’s one life lost, but my understanding is that there’s two remaining lives for the rest of the assessments? I guess because most TOCs don’t make you resist them all, it never really raises the question?

If they had to retake the rest of the assessments and failed (but didn’t retake the MMI), I understood it to basically be on an even keel with the MMI then. I’d like to say that the OPC will no doubt be able to give a definitive answer, but even that seems to vary depending on who you speak to.

Class2ldn

Doesn't matter which parts you fail on it counts a 1 life gone.
Some tocs may let you retake just the mmi but if they don't and you redo them and then fail any part again that is your 2 lives done

FastTrax

I personally would not apply if I had to redo the tests again as its a risky job... (i don't agree when ppl say u passed once u will pass again, why take risk) also would only apply if I m well prepared for MMI and DMI. (Mmi u already know what they ask n DMi u can lot of details from this forum) good neluck next time. This all due to two lives rule. It makes ppl nervous for no reason n if u r not in the right frame of mind u r out of the frame all together lol

Bucephalus

What do they ask in the mmi

There are some more threads on the above too. From my experience with psychometrics, the MMI was the least of my worries - not that I got that far....

T-Karmel

There are some more threads on the above too. From my experience with psychometrics, the MMI was the least of my worries - not that I got that far....

During my OPC I've witnessed an ex-driver (don't know reasons behind why he lost his licence years ago) doing well on all tests and failing just the MMI.

I'd say - practice, practice, practice on ALL tests and MMI evenly (and DMI too, but that usually next step, not on the same day). And do it a lot.

Established Member
What is the justification for the two lives rule?

They’re supposed to be a test of innate aptitude. Giving someone multiple attempts would enable them to improve through practice, thus defeating the object.

Status
Not open for further replies.