• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

I'm thinking of a train class..

Status
Not open for further replies.

sonic2009

Established Member
The train class i am thinking of runs in the former NSE area.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

sonic2009

Established Member
Incorrect : This class operates all over the UK as well as the former NSE area. This class works for 5 TOCS, you may find this class has a link to a London Terminal as this class ran there when first built and now operates not too far away from the London Terminal.

sonic2009

Established Member
Seeing as nobody has gone for ages, the answer i was looking for was a Class 150.

The 150 ran to London St Pancras soon after built, it now runs between Reading & Basingstoke (in the former nse area).

Wikipedia

I have 2 power/motor coaches and two trailer vehicles. Only 4 examples of me have been preserved in two different formations. I am also Ex Southern!

Good Luck

Wikipedia

Class 423?

Open Floor if correct

Nope sorry

CLUE:
It is 4 complete sets not four vehicles! Other vehicles have been preserved but not in a whole formation!
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Any Guesses??

Last edited:

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
So... we're looking for a four car unit of which four complete sets have been preserved, it's SR and was introduced in or shortly after 1956?

The only other class I can think of might be 411, but surely only three four car sets are preserved ( plus one of the three car examples ), one of which is a BEP ( only 75% a CEP )?

Jedipickles

Class 411 or 4CEP?
I was beaten to 411!
Unless it's wrong...

Wikipedia

So... we're looking for a four car unit of which four complete sets have been preserved, it's SR and was introduced in or shortly after 1956?

The only other class I can think of might be 411, but surely only three four car sets are preserved ( plus one of the three car examples ), one of which is a BEP ( only 75% a CEP )?

Correct!
Sorry I hadn't realised one was a BEP now!
Anyone can have a go now!

Status
Not open for further replies.