• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

In memoriam Andrew Dzikowskyj AKA TZ

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigyinn

It is my sad duty to report that Andrew was found dead at his home on Friday 4th September. He was only 55.
I have been in touch with the Family who advise that the funeral will be a small family only affair. At this point there is no date for this.

In the 80s and 90s he was a particular fan of the BRCW type 2s and type 3s.Those that knew Andrew will know he was instrumental in setting up the 6LDA group in the early 90s with the aim of preserving a Class 26 loco for continued preseration when their time was up with BR. The group made their name with a number of service trains run with a pair of 26s instead of the normal 37 or 47. Probably the highlight was the triple header from Perth to Aviemore way back in the 90's. The group achieved their aim and saved both 26 004 and 024.

Andrew pretty much retired from the scene by the late 90s and kept himself to himself in Edinburgh where he lived. He would occasionally venture south of the border to meet up with friends for a day on the beer and attend some sporting fixtures, such as Man U weekday home games and occasional tests at Lords.
I was in regular contact with him up until the end and whilst he was fed up with the Covid situation, he seemed in good spirits when I last spoke with him a week or so before his death. He was in generally good health, so his death was very much unexpected. I and those who knew him will deeply miss him and I'm sure wherever he is he'll be seeking out the tip tops.

Rest well old friend.

Just to add, if you wanted to get in touch with the family to send a card etc, please PM for further details.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.