• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

In The Old Days ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

neilmc

Christmas was a shed-bashing good time, at least for those who a) didn't have families b) had some battered old car or van.

You could do a dozen or so steam sheds on Christmas Day, all chock-full of locos with hardly any railway staff around, not that most of them really minded people casually walking round their premises.

Anybody still do this, or what passes for trainspotting, today?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Flamingo

Established Member
I think wandering around depots (even if wearing a high-vis) unaccompanied by a member of staff is frowned upon in these more security-aware times.

scotsman

Established Member
I could bash some heritage sheds, but don't have a vehicle. Also, odds are someone would likely be there working on something...

neilmc

I suppose most number-bashing would require at the very least a pair of binoculars if not a telescope.

Status
Not open for further replies.