• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

INFO: Ability to Post New Threads (Quiz Forum specific)

Status
Not open for further replies.

transportphoto

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Dear All Concerned:

There is currently a loophole that affords certain members the ability to create new threads in the Quiz Area. We (Quizmasters) are working in cooperation with the Forum's Administration team to withdraw this as soon as we can. However in the meantime, I have to ask you to refrain from making new threads in the area and ask you to please continue to PM the Quizmasters with your ideas for new quizzes.

Any quizzes set up without prior authorization from ourselves will be subject to deletion as soon as possible.

Further details about our roles as Quizmasters and ways to contact us can be found in this thread: [thread]62533[/thread].

Thank you for your cooperation in this matter.

TP

QuizMaster.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Trainfan344

Established Member
I still don't have permission to post new threads, The latest one looked like it belonged in the Tickets section rather than the quiz forum.

transportphoto

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
I know, I didn't mean to it sound like that.

Your choice of language looked asif you were expecting it, sorry for the abrupt response. I've been up since 0530 this morning and I've worked a 10hr 30 Santa Special shift between then and now!

TP

maniacmartin

Established Member
Fares Advisor
Sorry for my mistake. yorkie has informed me that the permission problem has been fixed, and I've tested and can no longer post new threads here

Trainfan344

Established Member
Your choice of language looked asif you were expecting it, sorry for the abrupt response. I've been up since 0530 this morning and I've worked a 10hr 30 Santa Special shift between then and now!

TP

And I've been working a Santa Tram Day today.

transportphoto

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Sorry for my mistake. yorkie has informed me that the permission gproblem has been fixed, and I've tested and can no longer post new threads here

No problems sir, you're not the first! I'm going to see if I can get a copy of your original post, it seemed a good idea at first glance. I'll PM you tomorrow with a plan :)

TP

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
Congratulations to both the forum quizmasters and the forum administrators in resolving this matter so very quickly.

Incidentally, can this explanation thread be retained as would a "sticky" in a permanent place at the top of the Quiz Forum index page, as is the case with the explanatory procedural posting from the quizmasters.

Crossover

Established Member
I'm not sure there would be anything to be gained from Stickying it. Besides, half of it is just TP getting wound up :P

Class172

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
I see your point with regard to existing forum members, but as new members are joining all the time, it was that aspect of the matter to which I had in mind when I made my posting.

The existing sticky thread can be edited if anything. Once they have read that then the situation should be clarified.

transportphoto

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
There's no point in making this a sticky thread, now the situation had been resolved we're looking at locking it later today. We shall consider an edit of the current sticky to make the situation clearer.

TP

Status
Not open for further replies.