• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Interail Pass - Can I get one quick 'on-line'

Status
Not open for further replies.

skifans

The fare on my Eurostar train next Friday (18th) has dropped to £140.00 since I paid £169.50 for mine on Friday. Is there any way to re-book and get a refund on the original ticket?

Edit: no is the answer having read the T&C's, bugger!
Not certain but I got a voucher for some unused Eurostar tickets, although don't know if you can use only part of the vouchers or if they all need to be used in one go

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

AlbertBeale

Established Member
Not certain but I got a voucher for some unused Eurostar tickets, although don't know if you can use only part of the vouchers or if they all need to be used in one go

According to the voucher I got from Eurostar [eventually - after chasing them for months...] after I decided not to use (because of the COVID situation) some tickets for a journey planned in March, the voucher value can be used for full or part payment for one transaction, or split it across different bookings. So it seems you don't need to use it all at once.

Grumpy Git

On Moderation
According to the voucher I got from Eurostar [eventually - after chasing them for months...] after I decided not to use (because of the COVID situation) some tickets for a journey planned in March, the voucher value can be used for full or part payment for one transaction, or split it across different bookings. So it seems you don't need to use it all at once.

Sorry I should have said, they changed their T&C's for bookings made after 1st July 2020. Only Business Premium is refundable, the two standard classes are changeable FOC only if it is 14 days before travel (and £30/£40 after this date has passed), but you still have to pay any difference in fare and refunds are NOT ALLOWED!

ie, they have gone back to what they used to have apart from now apart from waiving the change fee for exchanges if made at least 14 days in advance (which is a modestly helpful improvement...)

dutchflyer

Established Member
As for validity of IR for those who live elsewhere:
Yes, its indeed country of RESIdence, for at least 6 monthes, with proof of that from an official institute (and other as in The UK about any EU country wants you to register at a local council after 3 monthes or so of living there permanently-the time you can visit without any other burocracy, and usually a slip or note for that is given out-in most countries you are also supposed to de-register when leaving, which many forget to do, the registration also makes you a victim for charging local taxes). When buying an IR (it is still all based on the old style procedure of getting i over the counter at an appropriate office) this country is checked and should be written in the travel report-, which also has a special box for 2 trips to be noted for getting Out+in in that country. In actual practice this is very, very rarely checked. It thus remains a bit of gray area. Its even more prone to fraud for f.e. those from USA who can order an EUrail which is now nearly the same as IR and at same pricing, but has not the only 1x Out+In rule on it.
Now try a cheap 4/5-day IR or for that matter a 2-month IR to cover say Inverness (yes, Thurso/Wick is even further out) to LGW=LOndon Gatwick as this is also allowed, and compare with your local skyhigh exBR-fares for that. Free train choice too.

Grumpy Git

On Moderation
Noticed a message on my Eurostar app as I opened it to check-in at Brussels.

They changed my seat, but as I've just checked in, I can't change anymore.

So instead of single window forwards, the gave me twin, pillar and backwards.

Not a great start!

Status
Not open for further replies.